Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

In Danger Of Closing

Oh Gizzy glad its not all gloom.

Ive just lost my treasurer as she got the hump because she wanted to go out and buy our computer but i did it!!!!! (what r they like hey!!)

Will still keep fingers and toes crossed for you.... :o

Obviously it's not good to lose your treasurer at this stage but if she thought the whole thing was a big joke you'll be better off without her. It will be difficult getting another though, with all the problems the groups having. :o Don't lose heart though - at least you're still in a position to fight. :)

Hali, have you got another treasurer yet? We are trying to sort out what the treasurer does so we can help any new one we get and maybe do some of it ourselves eg milk returns and voucher forms. Anyway at least they haven't closed us yet !!!!!

When you've worked out what a treasurer does can you let me know?? My current treasurer can't manage to: -

do milk returns (the forms are too confusing)

obtain a licence for a bar for fund raising evening (she's never done it before so it would be better if someone else does it)

get a float for fund raising evening (she couldn't manage to get to the bank)

pay cheques promptly (she needs to get a second signature which is really difficult since she sees the secretary most days)

collect correct fees (found out recently that she has been charging someone who she shouldn't have and has only been charging for sessions children have attended - not sessions allocated)

:oxD

Oh Beau, I don't know if you intended to make me smile but I am sat here grinning your post has certainly cheered me up thanks :D . Well at least I know some of the things the treasurer does :D:D or does not do in your case.

Thanks, Beau.

Gizzy

hi gizzy .....and Beau ..... loved it !!!!!!!

Mine does NOT do:

Funding

Milk returns

Collection of fees

Fundraising

Filling in of anything that looks remotely official or that might require a signature

Pay us on time - 'sposed to be paid last Friday - nope - he was too busy doing his 'Kleeneeze round'

A forward projection is just too much of a challenge and the mere suggestion of one usually invokes some kind of rude & negative reaction from him - regardless of the fact that he is supplied with facts & figures from me

The situation is far from amusing - especially when we are paying him (don't go down that road please!) in the region of £1000 p.a.

He does however, trot off to the bank weekly to top up my petty cash, and pays all monies in (just a matter of filling in a paying in slip), does the bookeeping, does the end of year accounts, and of course pays us when he can fit it in.

Our situation came to a head at the beginning of this year, as he would not let us earn more than the tax & NI thresholds as he didn't want to get involved with all the hassle. He's already told me that he can't pay SSP as he doesn't know how to - so let's see who is brave enough to go off sick first! He told me last week that he doesn't think his computer has enough space to store all this extra info (re wages/tax info) so I think he is trying to wangle a new comp. from either church or pre-school funds.

I found us a very nice lady who used to be chairperson of a committee and was going to do the whole lot for us for £60 per month (she also has a very pleasant manner) - and did they go for it ?- nope ...... 'cos they didn't think they would be able to find another treasurer. Let's hope they can find another Leader easily then 'cos I find the situation quite outrageous.

Believe it or not, there is more.... but I think you've heard quite enough for today !!!!! :oxD:(:(:(

Janice

p.s. Gizzy - think that just about answers your e mail !!!!!!!!!

:o I didn't realise that you had so many problems in the private voluntary sector.

Anyway beau your comments made my day- keep the sarcasm coming. xD

Hi

Our new treasuerer (been here since last Nov) stioll cannot do the wages / invoices / head count (i did that) on his own has to have the chair there explaining it too him.

he also gave everyone their P60 the other day and all of them are wrong!!!!

he also somehow lost £6000 last term from fundraising money!!!

WHAT CAN I SAY

:oxD:(:(:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes: :unsure: ;):ph34r:

You have to laugh don't you. :( :wacko: xD

Just remembered an incident a couple of months ago. This committee has been dreadful, but the chair decided she was going to try to at least conduct one meeting in the correct way so she issued an agenda :o . I handed them out at playgroup and the treasurer looked at hers, turned to the secretary and said "It says treasurers report here - who's the treasurer?" xD:( :rolleyes: :unsure: ;):(

Thanks everyone, I am still smiling :D:D:D:D

Maybe things are not as bad as they could be after all :D:D

Thanks janice it does.

Off work sick for a few weeks, maybe things will sort themselves out.......... or I will be jobless in September :o

"what a difference a day makes, 24 little hours"

Things are looking up at last. A past treasurer has offered to help us out, apparently if the committee had managed to vote the majority would of voted to keep us open. The treasurer had said to her friend that if they voted to keep us open she was going to resign anyway.

A smile is on my face again, hope it stays there for a while. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for all your support it is nice to know that you are all out there.

Gizzy :D

That's good news - glad you're still smiling Gizzy. :D:D:D:D:D

So it doesn't look as though you you will be without a job come September after all, - which I'm sure is even better news :D:D

So carry on :D:D:D:D:D:D (smiling)

Oops, Gizzy, must have been asleep!

Missed this one! :(

Pleased things are looking up, let's hope everyone looks after your setting while you're off. :o

Looks like my 10000th prediction was way off!!!! :(

Take care, and keep in touch. This site will be a comfort once you're able to sit in front of a computer again xD

Sue :D

Gizzy,

At least now you and your staff know that you're not fighting a lost cause. :) Whilst you're open and attracting new children theres every hope that things might improve enough to give you all the reprieve you've been hoping for. :D

Maybe I will keep quiet next time :(:(

The person who had offered to be treasurer has changed her mind after talking to someone who will remain nameless :oxD and has decided not to do it, so we are back to square one again.

Please cross all your collective fingers again for me it worked last time.

Gizzy

sorry to hear that gizzy .... there's just no end to the problems we come up against is there ????

Fingers crossed that you can come up with something/someone!

Bye for now

Janice :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just a quick one, am sitting fairly carefully :o

Thought I would let you know what our lastest situation is. Well still no treasurer and if we don't have one by Friday we are being handed our notice!!!!!! Will let you know how we go.

Off to lay down not out side though as it is toooooooooo hot!!!

Gizzy