Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

6 Weeks Holiday For Some

beth1

Welcome to the 6 weeks holiday for term timers in some parts of the UK. xD Ummm what the weather going to be like? Most likely rain, rain and more rain. :o No doubt I won't get any work on supply in my area for the next 6 weeks last year was similar. xD:(

So what are your plans for the nice raining summer holidays? :wacko:

I will be busy trying to find a job as normal. ;)

Working on updating my portfolios for interviews thing (need a good name for it). Including new planning example for Foundation Stage age group, simple statements of what I have been doing work wise for the last 4 years. Hopefully making a story sack and song sack as part of my planning. :rolleyes: :(:(

Plus possible a few days out somewhere and reading Harry Potter 7. :unsure:

Beth

Well Beth. I'm so glad you asked...

First night of Brownie holiday has had to be postponed (Guiders who weren't working this morning took four and a half hours for a 45 minute journey driving a very small car through very deep water).

So I'm kicking my heels tonight when I should be catering for the first aid requirements of very excitable Brownies. Wishing I had ordered my Harry Potter from WHSmith instead of Amazon because then at least I could read some before I go...

Maz

i intend to do loads of paper work and get it done then chill!! i find that every holiday i get poorly, i think it is as i'm on the go all of the time when i stop or slow down it all catchs up on me and i come to a sudden holt!!!So paper work first then time for me!!

I started my 6 weeks holiday today doing washing, ironing & more ironing....mind you with the rain we had I wasn't planning on going out!!! Tomorrow football tournament with my son..... rest of the time pray for sunshine so I can meet with friends & do lots of parks and picnics.

Better find time to do paperwork!!!! :o as usual, also want to get some story sacks made, new weather board, clean out cupboards at nursery and do some painting....will I get the time xD

oh dear M never mind another night in your own bed :o

Yes, no plastic mattress protectors, no Brownies 'whispering' so loud you could probably hear them in Maidenhead, and no eggy bread for my breakfast. Mind you, am setting off at seven and if I manage to get there, perhaps some eggy bread will be waiting!

Maz

I'll be setting off on Tuesday for the World Scout Jamboree. I'm part of the International Service Team though I won't know until I arriver what my role will be.

Al

Guest MaryEMac

Summer holidays started quite well, Grandchildren came yesterday afternoon and stayed untill noon today. Once they had gone home it was up to our local pub with my daughter for lunch.(husband away working in Scotland, couldn't be bothered to cook!) Now feeling very full, I'm catching up with everything on here. Couldn't be better :o

Mary

Well I have sort of planned a little more stuff to do.

I am going to visit a bookshop in Oldham (someone mentioned it on here). :( Sometime over the next 6 weeks I want to visit Huddersfield on the bus instead of the car! :rolleyes: Theres a couple of nice bus routes over from where I live especially if the weather is sunny you can see for miles. :(

I have manged to do an outline plan my Foundation stage planning topic for Autumn 2 (this year) as an example to show prospective employers. :wacko: The topic I decided is light and dark, including some festivials i.e. Diviali, Christmas etc. xD I am planning to have 2 focus activities per week and write a plan for 1 each week. xD Now all I need to do is find a suitable book for the topic for my story sack. :o :unsure: :(

Beth

I seem to be sleeping.....

twice I've sat down to reading Harry Potter and fallen asleep

although I have washed 120 pumpbags