Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Be Careful !

SmileyPR

Windows is asking to do 2 updates :o : Microsoft .NET Frameworks 1 and 2... although I also had version 3.

The 1st time I did today's updates... when they finished... I did what Windows asked, to 'restart' with those 'yes' and 'no/later' buttons. Then that yellow shield icon on the bottom tootbar kept coming up after the PC had restarted. I thought they were 2 more updates, but they were the same and it said they failed. So I tried again and again and nothing :( .

So, I decided to do a manual restart. In that moment I saw that the for the updates to take place one had to "Shut down" and not "Restart". I did so and it had a screen like when it is shutting down, but saying the progress each of the 2 updates.

After that, I waited some seconds and turned on again the PC. At the beginning it had a strange noise, but it went away afterwards. At first, I didn't see the yellow shield icon... but once in Internet Explorer, again it kept annoying... asking for those 2 updates :( .

I just wanted to get rid of that annoying yellow shield icon for those 2 'strange' updates and CRASH !!! My PC shut down immediately xD .

Thankfully it did open and 'seems' to be okay, but for what I am reading some people are having serious problems.

Is this an attack on Windows on the 11th of this month???

Edited by SmileyPR

I've got probs too!

My husband says that if it's a windows update that's caused it, then there'll be another update very soon to try and sort it out.

I can't get rid of the 'Active desktop' page that's got a warning on it - a great big exclamation mark in a yellow triangle.

Unfortunately my ability to understand any of this is zero but it does all seem to be working ok :o

Susan, lucky you :( . There were 2 other updates and those went well. I have Windows XP Home Edition, SP2.

Yes, JacquieL... I can certainly tell you that I did think about that :o .

Yes, Janice... I also think they will come out with something because many people have been complaining about it in Windows Help and Support. Someone gave me a web link to make an online complain and I got a confirmation e-mail saying they will reply within 1 business day. So, let's hope xD.

Edited by SmileyPR

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)