Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rain, Rain, Go Away Come Again Another Day!

Alison

ok so its nearly the end of term, three weeks and counting...

and where is the summer?

this morning I went into work to find the rain has washed my posters off a wall because we have had a leak, nothing major like yorkshire but annoying all the same.

the children are climbing the walls to get some good quality outdoor play time with all the dry play activities, puddles are ok but you can have too much of a good thing honest!

Ofsted are in the neighbourhood and we havent had an inspection for 4 years so we are waiting for the door bell to ring.....

.......... and then a parent "pops in" to ask "have you got any spaces to start straight away???" (what? three weeks before the end of term?!?!?)

and because the early years department are convinced that Ofsted are about to pounce they keep visiting to offer their support and ideas...... (great give me a long list of things to do its not like I have a life!!!)

and I am exhausted!!! xD and suffering from mental block... we thought about talking about the rain and reading the story of noah and then thought bad idea the children might have nightmares!!

(remembering once when my daughter was little and we had a heavy downpour she burst out crying and said "mummy I dont want God to flood the earth again!!!")

ok rant over only 18 sleeps to go!!!!! :o

joins in with rant.

I have so much to do and so little time

ofsted have just been in to us after 4 years so yes watch out I thought nooo only a few weeks to go to end of term, I will be safe till next year when I can do this that and other

Our previous ofsted was the final week of term. At least they came three weeks before end this time. How cruel can it be when weather dreadful, everyone on wind down, the preparation for end of term with reports profiles, pips, transfer documents etc builds up and you long for the final week when you feel justified in putting on a dvd. Todays weather was so dreadful i'm sure if we had closed school and said it was a stay in bed day all parents and children would have joined us in feeling the need for it.

oh I forgot to mention, busy with end of year show and summer fair- looking like a wet summer fair

umm thanks for that rant husbands just don't always understand

good luck anyone with ofsted looming I was surprised with what little evidence they asked for so so different than 4 years ago and so less stressful and although we had a good/outstanding report I didn't feel it read as uplifting and wowish as previous report they certainly have cut down on what they say about Foundation Stage than they did

THE FINAL WEEK OF TERM!!!! please no!!!! :o (sounds of sobbing and panic)

we feel like we have been waiting for ever our last inspection it recomended two years and it was a care only inspection since then we registered for nursery education funding and so expected that they would want to check on us as soon as the two years was up but no, so ever since the summer of 2005 we have been waiting thinking is today the day..... but to come the last week of term that's just cruel!!!

thanks for the warning we were assuming that this late in the term they wouldnt come but who knows!?!?!?

Alison

Be prepared, our local SureStart advisor came to see us just before half term because an inspection was overdue. Had a list of things to fine tune, nothing major, but guess what I did all over half term - yep even more paperwork. And Ofsted turned up in the 3rd week of term. Glad it's all over though and worth all the effort to get GOOD in all outcomes.

Debbie

Guest Wolfie

Someone's just told me that the only dry day in July is going to be the 15th?!?! St. Swithin's Day? I thought that if it was dry on that day then we were meant to be alright, it's if it RAINS on that day that we then get drenched every day?!?! :o

Well fingers crossed for better weather soon because the huge bite on my arm is testament to how my class don't cope with staying inside! Our courtyard looks more like a lake at the moment! It's just awful.

We have 3 weeks left at work yet so we may get some sun.

As I sit here writing this he heavens have opended again!!!

We break up next week (13th) and Im off on holiday to Turkey on the 15th for 2 weeks, so hopefully I should be gauranteed of at least two weeks of sunshine this summer!!

I should be going running again tomorrow, got bogged down in fields last night, might just have the trainiers dry for tomoz!

HAPPY SUMMER HOLS TO ALL.

I went on a course this evening and went across the Mersey just a bit higher up river from you Nichola-by the Galleon. There were loads of cars parked up and people were standing on the bridge watching the river! Lets hope it doesn't get any worse.

Linda

• 3 weeks later...

Horay end of term

:o ....AND ITS STILL RAINING!!!!!!

we had a few tears at the end of session, saying good bye to a some of our children as they leave to go up to school, I know its nice to see the children grow up and move on but when one of the children is the youngest of a big family where all of the older siblings have previously attended the group its harder to say good bye

at least Ofsted didnt arrive during the last week of term

...... now its 6 weeks to think about will they be there at the start of the next term!?!?!?

well didnt get to my cupboard clean, :( left at 8.25 am to drop kids off to school that usually takes me 5 mins ...finally dropped them off at 9.10...... :o queued in more traffic to find i couldnt get under a bridge as it was 4ft deep in water withy about 10 cars stuck, xD got a call from my chair to tell me not to bother. :( .go home so finally got home at 10.10.... a round trip that would normally take me 10 mins.... a nightmare, even saw a fire engine with a boat on the back...honest :(

we had a couple of days warm and sunny..only for it to pour down yet again

we have 2 days of term left yet and a cleaning day ( not toys but whole cupboard to be emptied!!) so goodbyes still to come...

but lots of younger siblings starting next term so we know a lot of them already.

Inge

Town had visit from Queen and Prince Philip today....very very wet for all......

felt very sorry for the poor security guards and dogs out in this..all looked very bedraggled.

Edited by Inge

Guest MaryEMac

What a relief...... end of term at last. Mind you we still have to go in tomorrow to move furniture away from the walls because the playroom.cloakroom,ladies loo,kitchen and bookroom are being decorated over the summer. We couldn't do it at end of session because the out of school group were having a party, hence tomorrow.

Lots of tears today especially from our college student who has been with us from January, even coming in after her college term was finished, bless her. The committee gave her a nice amount of money and the staff bought her some Playboy Stuff. Even some of the parents included her in the thank you cards and presents.

It started to rain about 10 minutes before we finished, so had loads to carry and no free hand for a brolley. To add insult to injury, my husband rang me from Elgin (Scotland), where he is working to say that they were having a break sitting in the hot sun :o

Mary

a nightmare, even saw a fire engine with a boat on the back...honest :o

A member of my staff saw the same boat, I think! We managed to get our cupboards cleaned out, Hali (I'm obviously not so kind as your Chair!).

One of our ladies said it wasn't really like working - more like spending the morning with friends. Now I don't know what sort of friends she had, but I wouldn't expect to be up to my neck in sand, dust and washing up at any kind of social gathering...

Maz

well we have been very lucky with weather down here.

Rain and rain and more rain seemed never to end..T4 due on the beach and still endless rain...

but hey Sunday came.it was glorious, hot, sunny and a all went really well. :(

Next day back to rain....

picnic with children booked for Tuesday...may be cancelled.... :o

But lo and behold a glorious sunny day, hot and a great picnic had by all..we like this ending to term, all children, staff and parents joining together in local park..a really social afternoon. :(

Always a bit sad to say bye but when we looked round lots of children staying another year and of those leaving half had a younger sibling starting during the next year.

Parents said we were more like friends than staff to them.

Then today was clean clean clean day....rain too...

and hey when we got to the hall one of the toilets was leaking, a leak in the roof and a light not working.....

If it had happened a day or two earlier we would have had to close.

they now have 5 weeks to fix it. Wonder if they will paint too once the wall has dried out...but it was so wet I don't see that happening in a hurry. xD

An eventful few days..now back to the rain....

Inge