Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

We've Made It!

Well, we've made it! Our move to Dorset went ahead this week we are now installed in our brand new apartment. We are sitting on camp chairs surrounded by boxes. Our new furniture is arriving in two weeks. We are so relieved that the move is over as the past few weeks have been quite stressful. If only it would stop raining, we could go out and enjoy our new surroundings. Now my retirement really begins!

Welcome to the South West Gail! We have lived in Devon for over 20 years and love it. Hope the move wasn't too stressful and that you will be pleased with your new furniture! (When it arrives.....)

Hi

How exciting for you :o - hope you enjoy living in this part of the country! :( I'm in the South by the sea.

Think I remember seeing that you are in North Dorset - you've got so many places right on your doorstep.

What I did notice though was this ......... you've just moved, haven't got your furniture yet BUT your computer and internet is up and running xD - it would be so hard to live without it now wouldn't it!!!!

Sorry about the rain - it's just making all those fields nice and green!

Good luck

Janice

Oh well done on completing your move ....well nearly complete. Don't worry there will be lots of sunny days to come. An apartment sounds interesting- that is something we are beginning to consider for when my husband retires in five years time, as I don't think we can afford our dream cottage. House prices are so high now, and we have never had a mortgage as we live in tied accomodation at present. Now somewhere by the sea sounds delightful but we wish to stay 'ooop' north.

Enjoy your new adventure.

Thanks everyone! The sun is shining today - just.

Janice - my husband's priorities were phones, television and computers. He, too, cannot manage without the internet.

I know we shouldnt wish our lives away but you draw such a lovley picture it's hard not to.

My dream is to retire to a place over looking mountains or the sea rather than the house across the road.

Enjoy your retirement :oxD