Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Does Anyone Know......

HI

our old nursery has been sold, the new owners are in the process of completing registration (still in old registration for now). I have had to complete another DC2 form and one of the new owners is under the impression that i will have to have another suitability interview, even though i have already had one less than a year ago. I will still be manager so its only the owners changing

also because the nursery is under new ownership are we likely to be inspected again?, last inspection was september 2006 and we received a good on both education and care.

any ideas anyone.

Dawn

Guest Wolfie

I would say no to the first question but sadly yes to the second. I think that the record of your suitability interview should still stand - when I sold my nursery, the manager didn't have another interview. But Ofsted DID come and do another inspection I'm afraid, within about six months of the new owner taking over - and the nursery had only been inspected a year earlier, when I was the owner, and had received good for both care and education.

Edited by Wolfie

That is really what i don't want to hear :o , oh well, i know our practices are absoloutly fine and am sure we have maintained our 'good' status but still its not nice to think we may be having an inspection sooner than first thought.... hey hum....., adds to the fun hey! LOL

Dawn

I would say no to the first question but sadly yes to the second. I think that the record of your suitability interview should still stand - when I sold my nursery, the manager didn't have another interview. But Ofsted DID come and do another inspection I'm afraid, within about six months of the new owner taking over - and the nursery had only been inspected a year earlier, when I was the owner, and had recieved good for both care and education.

Hi Dawn, Welcome to the elite club membership of 'Ofsted Royale' only for those lucky few who are chosen to have more than one inspection a year for doing things well or outstandingly well!

(Surprisingly I've not had too bad a weekend considering I know what's waiting for us on Monday - just be glad when it's all over) We are having feedback Monday pm after all the children have left, so will be in touch. Hope all goes well for you. How have your parents taken it?

hi

Shelley, sounds a fab idea should bok a day or two off and hopefully miss them, as like you say this happened last time.

Myhenroxanne ~ i don't want to be part of the ofsted royalle club LOL :oxD:( , can i stamp my feet and throw a paddy now, lol.

Glad you managed to enjoy your weekend, and hope second half of your insepction goes well.

okay all, so my next question is how soon after going under new registration will we be inspected?, i guess that is actually like asking how long is a piece of string, hey!!!, hmmmmm,

so unbelievably not liking the idea of another inspection.....

of to sulk, and make tea :(

Dawn