Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Protection

You would need to check with your local Early years but I always update my CP training at least every 1 year but just recently have done it twice in a year with the LSCB changes and CAF training. I personally feel that with the way regulations change and with Child protection this is an area I like to keep up to date with for my own peace of mind. Not sure what the legal requirement for Updating CP is but sure someone will come along and tell you. Shelley

I understood it was a requirement to stay up-to-date via whatever means accessible (internet, early years info received, ofsted docs, child protection sites etc) and a recommendation to update training every 3 years but I may be wrong.....

Sarahx :o

Not sure about the exact frequency but we were also advised recently to go on a course to update ourselves, probably been about 3 years. Ofsted last week were certainly very hot on questioning most staff on the signs of abuse.

our staff did a 3 yr update last year and it had exactly the same content, scenarios, advice, etc etc as the last one they went to so much so they knew what was coming next...

we can only hope that the next one changes with the times!

Inge