Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

**thunk** As My Head Hits The Table.....

fimbo

was told today that it would be ok to have an untrained inexperienced person as my assistant, despite my insisting that as they would be making up the remaing 50% of the staff they would need to be L2 -especially as there will only be 2 of us.....

i asked if they had read the statutory requirements.....only to be told that no they hadnt, but they are only guidelines and dont need to be ridgidly stuck too.......

then i was also told by the other half of this comedy duo that they had never read the policies, didnt know where they were and they were only guidelines too......

this was my chair and co chair of 18 months

needless to say a copy of the statutory requirments found its way to her hands pretty bloomin sharpish......and if i didnt have to go out later a large cool lager would be in my hands pretty bloomin sharpish :o

Don't you just love it when you come up against such well informed, knowledgeable people who fully understand the job and the rules and regulations :oxD

Good tack providing them with the reading materials - hope they have a "lightbulb" moment.

Shame you can't indulge in the cold lager though!

Don't you just love it. xD

Had a very similar time with joint chairs arguing that I didn't need a named deputy. We now have one chair (the other stood down) who I have had to supply with the policies, EYFS and Statutory requirements for her suitability interview even though I gave them out a year ago... Hope she reads them this time. :o

Rachel