Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Floods

belle06

It has felt like a winter's day here in Somerset, Glastonbury just down the road...I have seen lots of mud-coloured cars and people!

Where is the sunshine??

It has rained none stop here in Stockport. We had a flood at pre-school when we arrived this morning. It wasn't too bad-no damage done but it took a while to mop it all up.

Linda

My drive disappeared this morning! Poor little ones - and me!! tramping up and down for arrivals / school runs! Got the wellies out in the end!

Sarahx :o

Guest Wolfie

Staffordshire very, very, very wet! Our village is ALMOST cut off...the road at one end is impassable, at the other you can JUST get out but there are three abandoned cars by the worst flooding. I wonder what we'll wake up to tomorrow! :o

my work collegue got a phone call from her husband today to say that he was stranded in shefield and his car had floated away :o , He sent us a picture message to prove it, we actually found it amusing but we weren't there xD , luckily its a company car so neither my collegue or her husband are too bothered, but he is stuck in sheffield and my collegue is heavily pregnant and has not been well recently so lets hope baby does not plan a surprise visit whilst hubby is unable to get back.

back home and back garden is starting to flood, but touch wood everything else is okay my end

Dawn

How awful for you all.Down here on the east coast we have got off lightly compared to the rest of you, I have even been out in the garden since I got home- it did rain just before we went outdoors at Nursery and everywhere is suitably wet, but thats nothing compared to what the rest of you are going through.

I've had a terrible day travelling up and down the country... I had a meeting in Birmingham at 11am, so left home at 7.15am to catch the train.

First train was overcrowded so had to stand to Manchester, train from Manchester was delayed due to the weather, arrived 20 minutes late for meeting.

Set off again about 2pm, on the train at 14.15pm, left New Street at 14.50pm due to no driver. Diverted via Nuneaton, which is actually the wrong direction to get back to Manchester! Finally arrived in Manchester at 17.10.

17.12 was cancelled - no trains going any further than Huddersfield. Next train 18.12! Then the announcement to cause chaos - everyone runs from platform 13 to 5 for the 17.55..... again, no driver and we can't even get on the train to sit down!

Arrive in Huddersfield at 18.40pm and back in the door at 19.20pm - 12 hours after I set off and all that for a 2 hour meeting - thank goodness for Bon Jovi and iPods!!!

They say that in Belgium we get whatever England has had the previous day... and we are having rain, rain, rain and thunders. Tomorrow the temperature is expected to lower up to 14 :o , rainy and windy. Let's hope it doesn't get that bad because tomorrow evening we have our annual Garden Party with the parents and the students (Pre-school, Primary and Secondary). Please pray xD !

My parents have been literally bailing out their neighbours today. The close they live in is flooded but fortunately the water stopped about 5cm from their house! They've been helping neighbours take up very wet and smelly carpets, making countless cups of tea for the residents of the sheltered housing at the end of the road and generally praying that it doesn't rain!

They only live in a small village but 300 have been evacuated to a nearby leisure centre for the night as a whole new housing estate is under about 2ft of water!

How awful for you all affected by the wettest June on record. The new pictures are incredible. Hope we don't get much more rain so the water has a chance to receed. Must be dreadful to have your home under water.

Well luckly I live on top of a hill but I need to travel down the hill through town and out the other side to work. :( The journey yesterday wasn't bad but when I arrived at work there was a big big big puddle of water in the playground, so not much playing out then. :( This morning when I got there that big puddle had disepered. xD:(

I am glad I don't live in Sheffield which is the hardest hit place in Yorkshire. Every news station last night and this morning was talking about the floods. Also it turns out that a nearby town was disrupted by flooding again. I am glad I do live on the top of the hill in my town anywhere else and I would be panicing.

RB you sound as if you had lots of fun!!! :o I did here that some trains from Huddersfield to Manchester were eaither delayed or cannceled.

Beth

Hey!!! I have electricity. Cor it has been crazy here, got stuck at school my other half at work my children the other side of Sheffield. We got home at 10.30pm after wading through rivers. It was really scarey a 14 year old boy died. thousands of houses flooded. We have begun to clear up it helps to have electricty after 48 hours and make contact with the outside world. School on a hill so all ok there after the fire if we flooded we might have lost the will to live. More rain at the weekend keep your fingers crossed for us.

Just to say we live in Rotherham up and down a couple of hills from Ulley. We sail there so the 15 year old son has been having withdrawl symptons as he couldn't sail on Wednesday night. We were allowed up last night to fetch the boats in order to sail at Halifax on Saturday and I have to say I have not seen the water so low since we joined the sailing club nealy 3 years ago - good sign. Unfortunatly we can not sail for the rest of the summer and who knows after that. It has been bad round here but the water has all but gone round Junction 33 of the M1 but of course it's moved on to Doncaster.

Guest Wolfie

More rain in Staffordshire all day today but nothing as heavy as earlier in the week thank goodness. Hope you're all OK up there in Yorkshire?