Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Head In Bits

:o

I feel like running away. Started after loads of discussions and sleepless nights to do a level 4 with Northumbria university last year with a deadline date of Sept 3rd 2007 to hand the work in. Went to a meeting with them last week to be told a new degree in Birth To Five will start in Sept 2008 and we will need another 60 points to go in at this level and another course will be starting in October.

The staff who took it are devastated - we thought we had a level 4 by September but if we need another 60 points we obviously dont. Do we go ahead and wait till 2008 when Transormation Fund runs out and there is no funding? I just wish I had done the FD when I had the chance to start level 5 this year not have to do more work and wait another year. At this rate I will be 56 when I get the EYP- who will want me. I just feel like I have wasted the last year and got nowhere. Would you switch to the FD even if it means repeating the so called level 4 if I can get on it?

Could you not APL some of the work you have already completed over to the FD if you have completed some units you may already have aquired some points so you could skip some units on the FD rather than start from the beginning. I am on the final 4 months of a FD need to get EYPS for 2008! So sorry you have had such a bad time it is disheartening when you haqve put so much work in. Good luck what ever you decide. Shelley

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)