Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice Please

beth1

I have completed an application form for a job (closing date is Wednesday) and I am undecided on weither to post it or hand it in to the place Monday afternoon/evening. :o The post in my area is must be going crazy as I got a piece of post dated last monday with a first class stamp on it! :(

Would you think I was mad if I turned up at the school say around 4 pm to hand in the application form? The school is on the way home from where I am working at the moment. :wacko: I really want this nursery nurse post especally as it is in a school foundation stage class (nursery). xDxD I am hoping to get an interview as I have been told on what my personal statment says I should get an interview and hopefully a job as it is excellent statement. :( :rolleyes:

Oh just to update you I have been working from the middle of last week working a school nursery class covering for a staff illness for the next couple of weeks. :unsure: I am throughtly enjoying my time there and so far I have got some very good feedback of the teachers. :( They say it's nice to find a member of staff just getting on with things without waiting to be asked if there are any jobs to do. ;)

Beth

Guest Wolfie

I don't think it makes any difference how the application form gets there, as long as it gets there! I agree with Susan, if you drop in to hand it in, show interest in the position and ask to look around - most places expect potential candidates to come and have a look around anyway.

Yes they do welcome visits, this is what it says 'visits are encouraged and will be warmly welcomed.' Athough by the sounds of things they would like you to ring up first.

Maybe I should ring up in the morning before the children start, saying I am coming tonight to hand in an application form for post ref....., would it be possible to have a quick look around at the same time plus stating the possible time of arrival?

Beth

Hi Beth

that sounds like a really good idea

ring and see if you can have a look around when you bring your form - maybe even be prepared to go tuesday if you can and its better for them

good luck

Jo

I am sure they would be fine about handing the application form they may can only say yes or no to the tour it depends if a specific person from the interview panel wants to do the tour to get a feel for the people they are interviewing. Good luck you must soon find the right job for you after all the issues you have come across and overcome. Shelley

Take it in Beth and definitely look around. We have just been interviewing as an SLT this week and if you can put a face to an application then it really makes life easier.

Also see if you can look round one day and then put the application in the next. That way you can say something along the lines of; Thank you for showing me round your lovely school. I found the staff very welcoming and the children polite and a pleasure to meet. I was impressed by the warm atmosphere and the great displays that I saw. It confirmed that xxx school is definitely a place that I would like to work in.' Would make me look twice at an application and want to interview someone. It also shows a real interest, especially if you ask questions on your way round. You also get a feel of the place too and can decide if it is right for you.

I rang up today to ask if I could visit at the same time of handing in the application form, unfouantly they are very busy this week. So I haven't had chance but I did show them I understood and that seems to come across well. I will have to wait to see if I have an interview(hope so).

Beth