Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sessional To Full Daycare

Hi Everyone

Hope someone out there may have some advice for me. I run a morning only pre-school in a village hall and am planning on expanding to include some afternoon sessions. Has anyone out there any advise having done this themselves?

Have taken some brief advise from Ofsted and they said initally I needed to write to them stating what changes would need to be made relating to the national standards and how I would cover these. Then they may need to visit to agree to the change in registration. Had a brief look at the standards and can`t identify any differences at this stage. Has anyone out there identified what they are? Common sense tells me they are lunch breaks for staff in accordance with the working time directive and sleeping arrangements for the children. But can`t find this in national standards.

Any advise gratefully received!

As long as children are bringing a packed lunch and you provide a comfortable place for children to rest.i.e. bean bags, cushions there is no difference. I changed to 2 sessions a day 3 years ago and apart from a quick inspection it was easy.

4.14 there sre seperate toilet facilities for staff-

4.15 staff have a room or area available for breaks away from areas being used by children.

we can have the staff area but as we fail with a seperate toilet cannot open full daycare. but I did notice in new EYFS this staff toilet is for all - wonder what will happen to us and others who cannot manage it.

as said somewhere to rest, quiet area and say how you will manage this with new children joining group who may be very active.

ask at your early years department they usually have a development officer who will come in and help you with it all, there may be initial funding available for additional costs such as insurance and Ofsted fees , we could have had that too!!

Edited by Inge

Is it actuallly your intention to be open for full day care, as you don't need to be just to have afternoon sessions. You will need to ensure that there is 1 hour between the morning and afternoon sessions, but as long as either your am or pm sessions are 4 hours or less then you can still be registered for sessional care.

Is it actuallly your intention to be open for full day care, as you don't need to be just to have afternoon sessions. You will need to ensure that there is 1 hour between the morning and afternoon sessions, but as long as either your am or pm sessions are 4 hours or less then you can still be registered for sessional care.

do not have to have 1 hour between sessions , so long as there is a break long enough for parents to collect (and be late!!) between sessions..we have 15 mins.

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)