Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Curriculum Document?

Can anyone help? I am looking for a Curriculum Document? I am unsure what this is and can only imagine what I am actually looking for is 'Foundation Stage Curriculum Guidance'. My setting certainly doesn't have a Curriculum Document - does anyone else's?

Hi Becky,

Whenever I've seen "Curriculum Document" I've assumed it is the Guidance, ie the pink file. I'm not aware of anything else.....

In what context have you been asked to find it? I'm puzzled :o Could it be some kind of long term plan for your setting, eg the curriculum you offer?

Hi Helen,

This is exactly what I thought too. I need to observe a child in my setting over a period of weeks, then write a synopsis about this child, discuss the observations, evaluate the observations and finally create a plan as a way forward for this child. I'm talking degree course stuff here. I'm pleased that you seem to have confirmed my thoughts though.

I just wondered if any settings had any particular document that they had cleverly drawn up to fall in line with the 'pink' document but in relation to their particular setting.

Anyway - Thanks for the info! I'm not looking forward to this particular essay, as I have never had to 'describe' an observation previously, and am a little unsure as to how to tackle it, but when pen goes to paper no doubt it will fall into place (she says, hopefully!) :o

Hi Becky -

Have you seen the couple of sample observations we have already put up? We have some more which I haven't yet had a chance to prepare, but are they the sort of 'descriptions' of an observation you mean, or are you talking about something a bit more meaty?

Hi Becky - What course are you doing? Sounds similar to one I've just started with the Open University. Foundation Degree for Early Years Practitioners. First module is Working with children. Have to do a similar assessment by June. Not looking forward to it.

Regards Janet

Hi Becky

Im just doing the HND Im just writting my child observations up and we have been asked to link our observations with the Early learning goals set out in the "pink file"

I dont know of any other "curriculm document" our setting doesnt have one and we havent be asked to produce one when we applied for NEG. we were just told to follow the pink file. but I remember in the forms I filled in when applying for NEG that it says "settings can follow any curriculum as long as they link to the Early learning goals." (set out in the pink file) so probably the assignments asking you to show the curriculum your setting follows whether its the ideas in the pink file or possibly another curriculum, <_<

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)