Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wiggly Tongue!

A mum reported this morning that her daughter has been complaining of a 'wiggly tongue'. She gets very distressed about it and has a full blown tantrum. This has happened repeatedly over a couple of weeks now. They took her to the doctor yesterday but he could find nothing wrong with her tongue. Any thoughts?

Al

Not heard of that one before, how very interesting. My first thoughts are could it be some kind of muscle spasm or maybe a slight allergic reaction to something, both of which may not have been picked up by the doctor if the symptoms weren't showing at the time of the appointment.

Be interesting to find out what it is. :o

Peggy

Hi Whitetree,

Just had a thought with Peggy suggesting it might be an allergic reaction to something. For the past few years when i was eating apples or pears with the skin on i was getting tingling feelings in my month including on my tongue. I have recently discovered it is because i am allergic to what ever chemicals are used to spray the apples and pears. I now have to obviously wash the fruit (which i have always done anyway) but i now have to peel the skin of the fruit and my mouth is fine. So i am just wondering if a young child discribes her tongue as a wiggly tongue, could it be tingling, maybe mention this suggestion to mum, may not be the cause but just something to consider to rule it out.

Hope that all makes sense.

Rosepetal

Guest sqpeg

Hi

My Neice is sensitive to citrus her mouth tingles and leaves a burning sensation.

maybe, just a thought, some seizures start with a sensation in the mouth?

I get this wiggly tongue but to me it seems more like a tickle in yout tongue is very agravating apparently it is something to do with the nerve endings on the tongue. Have total sympathy for the child it is not painful but a very strange sensation

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)