Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Danger In Diploma Practice!

Hi all,

My work college is currently studing for her DPP. Last week she was sat at home on the computer working away hard, the home phone rang so she got up to answer the call then returned to the computer.... as she sat down on the computer chair, the chair collapsed.... ok so not very elegant but what the heck no one can see. The problem was that her A4 lever arch file was open on the floor beside her, now she had a major issue the ring binders metal prong had gone through her big toe :o . She was unable to move, the home phone was across the room, her husbands old mobile had no charge and hers was completey out of reach.

She waited untill her son came in from school and shouted for him not to come in but go next door to the first aider for help. First aider arrived and went very pale!! Ambulance crew arrive and want to send for the fire brigade to cut her free!!!! Eventually a neighbour found some cutters and freed her from the file! she now as a very poorly foot and to top it all her course work is in a bloody mess!!!

SO BEWARNED!!! I am hoping her tutor will understand why she has been unable to finish her home work!!!

My staff member has been in today, foot all wrapped up and hopping along! I enquired about her tutor and her work dead line, i was shocked to hear that she has been declined her request for extra time. So she now has to redo and present her folder in a couple of weeks! i thought this was a bit mean, may be she could hand it in as it is..... a bloody mess!!

Almost 10 years ago when I was doing my DPP the tutor saaw a students file open and warned us all never to leave it like that becasue of injury, she actully gave an example of banging your hand o the table to make a pointy and hitting the open file.

I've remembered it always and now I'm glad I did.

Hope she recovers quickly :o