Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas For Mini-topic/ Activity On Not Talking To Strangers?

Hi,

A parent mentioned to me that her child was asking about strangers and she wanted to know if we taught it or if she could get more informantion. I thought it would be a really good idea to talk to the children about strangers etc and maybe turn it into a mini-topic. How do others address this? I guess its part of PSE but how would you teach it?

Thanks

Rachel.

our local police have been very good with this topic coming in talking to the children and giving out colouring pictures and books about saying no to strangers amy be worth giving your community officer a call. shelley

I always think Goldilocks and Little Red Riding Hood are quite good lead ins to this topic without being overpowering.

I think that the "Madeleine" situation is giving young children an awareness that perhaps they dont usually have--I was certainly surprised to hear my class talking about it in response to an incident that happened this week in school.

it's important to get the 'strangers' message across, but remember to also include that 'strangers' can include people they know.................just that they shouldn't go away with ANYONE unless mummy/daddy knows about it and has ok'd it, difficult, I know!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)