Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What A Day!

HI

so as we seem to have some sunny weather i decided it was time to buy a gazebo for work so the children could have some shade.

so off myself and another member of staff went to get the gazebo, we got back to nursery at 11:20 and thought we would assemble it..... now typical women LOL we didn't read the instructions properly, nor check all parts were there xD and tried to assemble it upright which in time meant it got too tall for us LOL.....

we thought we had all pieces together but there was a gap, sod's law hey!!!! so we decided to start again this time checking we had all pieces.... eventually we managed to fit all pieces together, at the same time several pieces kept falling down, as you can imagine it looked like a comedy sketch,and we didn't have enough hands to hold it all together.....

eventually, and i mean one hour later we had the frame complete and semi stable, so we decided to put the cover on.... but us being us, we tried putting the frame on when the gazebo was at full hight which is easily 6ft something, and im only 5ft 7 and other member of staff 5ft 5 so it was fun, after struggiling ten mionutes another staff member suggested removing part of the legs so it was lower down.... problem solved, we all threw (quite literally) the cover on, and secure it....

what a long process, the thing that makes this scenario so funny is that currently we are located in the middleof a building site, hence surrounded by builders who have optimum view into our garden, after 10mins outside we had three builders watching over and laughing as bits of gazebo fell down each time we moved :o after thirty minutes the crowd of builders had accumilated, and they were staring and laughing.... at this stage myself and other staff are very nearly wetting ourselves with laughter :( , once gazebo was complete we got a round of applause from builders LOL :(

Have vowed that we are never ever ever again taking the gazebo down, lol....

i now have very sunburnt, and sore arms from my adventures in the sun....

what a day :( :wacko: xD

Dawn

LOL, of course not , hee hee they were too busy laughing at us xD

give them there due tho, last summer they hleped us to fill inflate the paddiling pool and rescue someone's shoe from the gap between the fence and wall.... they have had thier uses, lol.....but sure could have used their manpower today... oh well will have to make do with being laughed at , hee hee, but some nice looking builders to stare at so can't moan too much i don't suppose. :o

Typical men I don't suppose any of these builders thought to come over and put the Gazebo up for you alas me thinks chivalry is dead!!

Now we were thinking of that but didn't think they would be as stable, are they really good?, as i am on the hunt for another one xD

we bought pop up ones :o

Dawn,what a day indeed. You must be kn*****ed! Bonus -you have a shady place. Can't even get money for a gazebo despite Ofsted inspection strongly suggesting same 3 years ago! ! True story -Friend found 2 gazebos blown into her postage stamp garden in London in winds a couple of years ago! My outdoor area would need to have boulders to fix! Would probably be used to break the windows! And I have to admit I ask my wonderful TA ' Please could you put the Pop Up tent away?' Very easy for her. I can't even do the simplest jig-saw puzzle without help so that helps me to feel better. Glad this wasn't a task at my interview. I would definitely have not got the job! luluj

Not a fan of pop up ones, we have just thrown 2 away, bought them last year and the metal bits at the top which (typically cant find the words i need, only one drink down too :( ) are like an accordion...well anyway they keep snapping, and got too dangerous to keep taping up so we gave up and skipped them. We are looking for something bigger now that we can leave up through the summer, like the schools use and secure to the ground. or maybe them big sails like in the nursery world competition a while back.

Well a girl can dream. :oxD

You'n'me both!

I've entered that blessed competition every time to win those dratted sails, but no one ever seems to read my amazing plans!!! :o

Maybe next year? But if it's neck and neck between us, then the gloves are off!! ( xD )

Sue

Would like to have one in our yard as we have no shade but we are now soft surfaced - any advice as to how we might make one secure?