Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Report Writing

I am a pre-school manager and am just starting to write my reports. I do mine by hand and hope this isn't too unsophisticated! What do other pre-school repots writers do?!

Rose

Guest toddleo

We type ours (on word), headed paper, under 6 areas of learning, short paragraph on each, tends to run to one side of A4 paper. :o

I used to hand write mine, but last year, I went all sphisticated and typed them...........thought they were very professional, until one parent said how much they like the hand-written ones, as it looked more personal, and they liked my hand-writing!! ah well............................

depends on what it is for... parents get the childrens progress files form while they ar with us at end of year so no need to rewrite for an end of year report as we feel it is just doubling up on work so this is handwritten by several people over a period of time (i assume this is the one you are doing)

Ones to schools, transfer docuament also hand written as they are on provided format by LEA so all schools get the same reports from all settings..a requirement for us and all keyworkers do them for thier keychildren so I do not sit and write 30 of them!

Ones to other professionals, speech therapists, child psycologists etc etc etc are typed under headings of areas of lraning plus any others they may want us to use, depending on circumstances.

Inge

Hi Rose,

If you are talking about end of pre school reports, i use a format from Lancashire CC. Hopefully I've attached it.

If you mean more formal reports, I still use the sub headings of the Leaning goals and adapt them to what the report is about. (if that makes any sense)

Hope this is of some help

Net x

ps - I always type them on word but that is because my handwriting is so bad.

Edited by net franklin

Thank you everyone for your help. we use a report format provided by Oxfordshire. Glad to hear some people are still handwriting them, will stick with that for this year and rethink for next! Rose

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)