Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role Play Planning

I'm sure I saw a while ago some planning for different role play scenarios that included ideas for key questions etc. I want to do some guided role play as part of our small group time in a TOYS HOSPITAL but one of my TA's is not very keen on role play (avoids it like the plague) so I want to give her some ideas so the children ALL get quality imput before they go into their own play. We've already set it out with dressing up stuff, telephones, doctors kits, bandages, pictures etc. but I need some ideas for key vocabulary etc

Thanks

Guest Wolfie

Have a look in the Resource Library, there's a sub-category under Planning for Role-play Planning...I think that's what you're looking for! :o

Edited by Wolfie

Carla Booths planning has vocabulary lists and some questions in it which is what you are looking for.

I do feel that in role-play the talk should arise out of the scenarios themselves. So after observing the play the adult intervention needs to build on what they are doing. If they seem to be stuck for ideas the adult could visit saying that they have broken their arm, or have an appointment to see the Dr. and natural questions then arise like 'Is my name in your appointment book?' The adult could arrive with the child and 'act out' a scenario of a sick child, asking if they need to do an x-ray and then going with the children's ideas as they will repond in role. It doesn't have to be too accurate. Alternatively the adult could be the hospital inspector come to check that it is clean and tidy, and that there is all the equipment needed. The inspector will need to check or make a list. I have always found that an effective role play starts with planning it with the children, so that they get involved at the start.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)