Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

To All Childrens Centre Teachers....

Hi,

I am really interested to know whether you get to spend time working with the children when you are a Children's Centre Teacher or if you have found it is more of an advisory role than a teaching role. I am currently hoping to find a Children's Centre post and would love to know more about it.

Thanks!

Guest Wolfie

Hi Sandra and welcome the the forum...

I'm a Children's Centre teacher and my role so far has been much more of an advisory one than a teaching one - but I think you'll find that every post is different and the role is interpreted differently by each centre so it would be worth getting the details of any posts going and having a really good look at the job description.

It is a very interesting role and one that I thoroughly enjoy. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions - and there are several more Children's Centre teachers who use the forum so I'm sure that more advice will come your way soon! :o

Im also seconded to a children's centre at the moment and like wolfie support the pre school provision rather than actually teach. I do support teh staff with specific activities eg throuhg modeling or with planning or with getting support for children with SEN. Im still very much finding my feet as Ive only done 6 days so far but Id agree with wolfie every one seems to be different and you need to check the person spec and job description if there is one (I dont have one..yet)

hi

I think that every teacher will answer this differently as every authority seems to be adapting a bit differently!

I'm supposed to spend half of my week directly with children but it tends to involve 'modelling good practice' in preschools, day nurseries, school nursery & stay and play sessions. No direct teaching unless I'm leading a group

The rest of my week is meetings, admin, centre management etc.

Would love to hear from you!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)