Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wooden Spoons

Help, i would like to make puppets from wooden spoons. I have searched the pound shops but can't find any, as i will need about 30 i'm looking for somewhere to buy in bulk with quick delivery. Does anybody know where i can get them from

Was in Ikea last night and they have a set of three wooden spoons/spatulas for 49p. One looks more like a fork, and there's a spatula with holes in as well as the traditional looking wooden spoon. But I thought they might make more interesting puppets because of their quirky appearance!

Not sure how useful that is - but any excuse to go to Ikea if there's one relatively near you is a good thing as far as I'm concerned...

Maz

Simcity,Perhaps you could put out a plea fordonations of old wooden spoons just class, group, or school, whatever and then get some cheaper ones in to supplement.

Guest Wolfie

If you're ever looking for other activities to do with spoons, we did a really good topic on "Spoons" afew years back, based on some ideas in Penny Tassoni's book "Planning for the Foundation Stage" - both staff and children loved it!

Help, i would like to make puppets from wooden spoons. I have searched the pound shops but can't find any, as i will need about 30 i'm looking for somewhere to buy in bulk with quick delivery. Does anybody know where i can get them from

Don't know where you live but I always buy mine from TJ Hughes as they are very reasonably priced adn they usually have plenty in stock. :o

Guest Wolfie

Off the top of my head......

Children brought in different sorts of spoon from home - got some really unusual ones and got lots of lovely chat and language about them

Lots of messy mixing activities with different sizes and sorts of spoon - always popular!

A maths game where we threw the dice and then counted soonfuls of something into a cup until someone reached the top - lots of thinking about what benefits using a bigger spoon would bring!

Kim's game with different sorts of spoon

Music making with wooden/metal/plastic spoons

Tasting spoonfuls of different things

Cooking activities using spoonfuls as the only measurement

Egg and spoon races - again offering them a variety of spoon sizes!

Scoops and spoons in the sand and water

Looking at this list it doesn't look particularly inspiring but the children LOVED it! And the parents enjoyed looking for different sorts of spoon at home..seem to remember some Welsh Love Spoons making an appearance, is there some kind of tradition involved there?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)