Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Operational Plan Plus Procedures

Deb

Hi

Had an SureStart advisor visit us at the end of half term to answer any questions we might have regarding the standards or care ahead of our anticipated Ofsted.

She had a look at our Operational Plan, said it was one of the best she's seen :o . Glad I spent all those hours doing it now. I have posted it on here before in case anyone's interested, it's organised into the 5 outcomes, with all the policies and standards slotted in appropriately.

Anyway, even so still have things to update on it such as:

• Update child protection policy to Safeguarding children policy - have there been other changes apart from the name?
  • Update Ofsted's new address and phone number in all policies that mention them.
  • Note arrival and leave times of children which we do but now we have to note arrival and departure of staff too which apparently is about to become law, to cover ourselves should anybody suggest we were understaff at any point.

Just thought I'd share a few points that might be of interest to others.

Thanks for sharing that Deb - I'll have a look at your Operation Plan on the resources section as mine needs re-vamping.

Thanks again

Sam

One thing I omitted to mention was that the original idea came from somebody else as always! Probably from someone on here, I just adapted it for our setting.

She also mentioned that we need to be thinking about a keyworker policy when the new EYFS comes into force in September 2008.

Luckily I have found 3 examples on here from several kind people who have shared theirs.

Hi Deb - don't know if this is any help, but check out what your local LEA child protection are now known by. Ours changed from Local Area Child Protection Committee, to something else - I think it is Safeguarding Children's Board. Have the info at Pre School, but am on half term holiday this week.

Am in the process of revamping our operational plan and procedures too. Have been looking for the previous post organised into the 5 outcomes, as I started to do this and then put it on hold. Now I can't find the post on this site...... :o

well done Deb have been searching the site for the sample of your operational plan but can not seem to find it anywhere can you let me know where I need to look. Thanks Shelley

Hi Shelley

I'm hoping the link below is to the post but I've never done a link before.

If not type in operational plan in a forum search. Go to the post by Sheila Turnbill on 15 April marked

Outcomes Link

My post is number 8.

http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...perational+plan

If no luck let me know and I'll go on my other computer where I have it.

Edited by Deb

I was horrified to hear of a group near us who had an Ofsted before half term and the inspector never even looked at the Operational Plan!!!!!!!!!

Well my last ofsted inspector only took half an hour to look at all my paperwork. He commented that he liked having all the policies together not sorted in to outcomes. That was probably because he didn't have to look at all the other stuff! . My EYDCP told me to leave it as it was but ???????

it's all been resorted now into outcomes.Thank you everyone on here for your advice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)