Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Little Tinker :-)

Hi

have to tell you about this, it was so funny!!!

When we take the pre-school children out to play we take the shed key and the front door key out with us so that if we need to go back in we can without buzzing the buzzer, as the buzzer links to pre-school room and if pre-school are out no one will hear the buzzer because no one is in the room.

so we opened the shed got the toys out and a member of staff sat the key on the wall.

the children played and 30mins later we tidied up ready to go in.... we went to lock the shed and realised we didnt have the key and it was no longer on the wall.... so mass scale search of garden begins with children helping (or was that hindering LOL)... 20mins later and werare not finding it funny any longer.....

we could get back in, that wasn't an issue the issue was not knowing where the key was as its clearly a bit of a security risk if it was left outside.....

we searched and searched and did not notice the little girl in the corner laughing away to herself. i asked her why she was laughing and she jumped up and down grinning saying " i played a trick on you"... when asked what trick she has played she said " i hid the key" when asked where she said " i don't know" (ahhhh wanting to scream now!!!!!)..... i asked her to think.... she stood thoughtfully for a moment and then said "ah, i remember, its with the flowers" (we have about 9 plant pots in garden) you guessed it she didn't know which one!!!! :( other childrren now getting bored.... so we had to delicatly dig the plants.... two pots in and we found the key to cheers of 'hooray' from the children.... the child who played the trick grinned at me and said "that was funny dawn wasn't it".... hmmmm o didn't agree.

what a tinker :oxD:(

Dawn

Guest Wolfie

At our nursery we have a little boy who regularly manages to get hold of his front door key after Mum has locked it to bring him to nursery (don't ask me how!) and sticks it in his pocket - half an hour into the session, Mum arrives back in the nursery with a red face, having got home and discovered the key is missing from her pocket....he think it's hilarious every time!!

Am sure running off with keys is linked to a schema!

As for the little one who takes Mum's key everytime, it's a sure way of ensuring Mum comes back! I'd give him his own front door key (similar looking not the real thing for security).

Bless them!