Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fsp Question

what percentage of your FSP is based on written evidence and just a tick in a box without evidence. I just needed stated bold and clear do I need evidence for each point. If I don't what will a moderator say? I am starting to loathe post-it notes and the idea of writing everything down I see. I felt exactly the same last year and I still feel anxious about it.

All based on hard evidence but much less than 50% written down.

Have you looked at the additional guidance link on the Home page ?

"Evidencing judgements

Practitioners and FSP moderators also need to be aware that the definition of evidence is any material, knowledge of the child, anecdotal incident, result of observation or information from additional sources that support the overall picture of the child’s development. There is no expectation or requirement that such evidence is always formally recorded or documented. Although practitioners may choose to record specific evidence in order to secure their own judgements, it is their final assessment of the child, based on all the evidence they have (documented or not) that informs their completion of the FSP and it is this judgement that is moderated by the LA.

Edited by Marion

I know how you feel :o ! I personally looked at the profile and thought which areas I would feel okay abut making a professional judgement about (for example the behaviours in the the PSED bits) and thoses that I felt needed to be observed for me to be sure - for example independent writing for CLL. It is tricky though as sometimes watching children in CIPs/CIL time doen't always hit every 'box'. I also look for gaps and ask other staff in setting to concentrate on obs. for that profile point / child. For example music making.

If you look at the article that Steve posted from the national assessment agency with additional guidance for the profile it tells you about the evidence required etc.

I don't know how to link to it here so you can search the forums for it and you will get to it I hope.

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)