Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Fed Up Too

beth1

I have applied for a senior nursery nurse post with an agency. :o Today they have come back to me only to be told, I have worked for them before I can not apply for the post. xD Oh well its their loss, silly policy to have when they have sooo many nurseries around the area. :(

I still haven't heard anything from the nursery I visited last week. I now have a bad feeling that there is some kind of problem and they have not yet told me when the interview is as they are waiting to here back from the local early years person.

At this rate of jobs being adverstied around my area, I will not pass my first year as I still need to complete 350 hours of working in childcare to gain the 80 credits I have worked hard for. I feel that for all this hard work I am not gaining anything.

Please any ideas on how to find a job that I haven't though about. I have tried local papers, local LEAs websites, speculative letters to no avial.

I am fed up working for this place, that place back to this place etc. All I want to do is work in a nursery and settle down for the next few years. I am soo board of staying at home although its fine when I am studying but now I have nothing much to do.

Thanks in advance.

Beth

I have just been adding up my timesheet for the 350 hours. :wacko: I have found out I need to find another 53.20 hours to complete the total for the year. :o So depending on daily shift hours I could complete it between 8 to 11 days. I was starting to painic that I had more hours to find. :(

Looks like I don't need many more days to complete all 350 hours for year 1. :(xD Now I just need some more days on supply or hopefully a job then I can start on getting year 2's hours completed. :(

Feeling much better now after that task.

Beth

Yey I have reworked the total hours for this year. :o I though I would share my discovery as I am feeling better for the work. :wacko:

What a suprise I have worked from September 2006 until mid May (the other week) a total 327 hours 40 mins. Now I only need a minumum of 23 hours this is what I could gain from working different hours: xD

8 hours 24 hours 3 days plus I whole week can get me 367 hours. (most PDNs):(

7.5 hours 30 hours for 357 hours plus extra day i.e. 37.5 364.5 and 6 days gives me 372 hours. (some PDNs and CCs)xD

6.5 hours 32.5 hours for 359.5 plus extra day at 366.00. (schools) :rolleyes:

Phew what a load off my mind, hopefully if I get the job I want @ 7.5 hour days at senior level, I will soon rattle up the figures as I have been given until the end of July to complete all hours. :unsure: :(

What a weight off my mind. :(;) BUT I still need to look for a job in childcare as I need to find another 350 min for years 2 and 3. :ph34r:

Beth

Ok, i sort of get it, and to post all that you must have been slightly delirious, (meant with lots of affection!!). Im sure something will come along, and as you said its their loss if they wont re-hire you.

Hope you really are feeling better. Keep positive thoughts. :o

Edited by alis2son

Beth, I only recently found out that the nurseries and the agency have a contract which states the nursery cant employ someone within 12 months of been introduce to the NN by the agency, if they do they have to pay a fee which is a percentage of the salary.

I thought it wasnt fair at first but you have to consider that the agency is there to make money and would be in a bad sate if every time it placed someone at a nursery they were offered a job.

The trick is to never supply at a nursery where you might one day want to work :o

I hope something turns up soon for you. xD

Well I have been to work at a primary school over in the city next door to where I live. :o I got a phone call at 7.45 am this morning and manged to get there just before 9am. :( I have had a fab day working in reception class, busy helping children to do activites with literacy and numeracy focus. :( I left after 3.30pm and when I left they asked me to work the rest of the week. :( So I am going to work for the next 2 days but not Friday as I have no car (carless! xD ). :wacko:

Well by the end of the week I will only have to work a minimum of 2 days to meet the target of 350 hours. Thank goodness, whatever I do extra I will still record them until the end of July.

Alis2on well at least I will be able to gain my 80 credits of hard work once I have got in all the hours I need for the year. Otherwise I would have done all that work for nothing as uni makes it know without 350 hours minimum we will not get awarded any credits for that year. :rolleyes: xD

Beth