Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage Co-ordinator

Hi I am currently thinking of new ideas for making links between nursery and Reception class. Unfortunatley the nursery is at the opposite end of the school site to the reception class and I wondered if anyone had any ideas for making the N and YR work better as a team

Thnks

Hello Angela and lovely to meet you. I have deleted your other similar post from the nursery issues forum, as it will be seen by everyone on this site here.

Don't worry someone will be along soon with lots of good suggestions.

I am really lucky in my setting as our nursery and reception are situated next to each other in their own block - are you looking for ways for the staff to work together or for ways for the two classes to work together.

we mix our N and R children and staff together once a week for joint PE/woodland walks - half of the N & R go to PE with a mix of staff and the other half go out for a walk. the N children therefore get a PE session every fortnight, R get one every week - either in the morning or afternoon session.

before we introduced our woodland walks we split with half going to PE and half working together in one of the classrooms sharing themed activities.

we regularly have siblings across the two year groups and they really enjoy these sessions as we make sure they are in the same group.

We share fun days together for which we raise the money through sponsored walks, we may sometimes have singing together....... and watch visiting shows together. Other than this apart from meeting outside then this is all we do. It works well for our classes as the children are at different stages and altogether can be far to big a group for some of the little ones.

How do your reception and nursery teams feel about this input from you are they keen to mix in large groups? Obviously different if you work in a unit, but if two seperate classes they may not be keen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)