Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Job I Have Applied For Visiting Me Next Week To See Me In My Class Tea

Hi everyone,

I got a call today to say I have an interview for a Reception post I applied for. The head and another teacher are visiting me next week during the afternoon. Will they want to chat to me or observe me teaching?? Please help.

Thanks

Rachel.

Hi Rachel,

I would imagine both.

But being in your own setting is better then going to them surely?With children you dont know etc

Try not to worry go with what you know your children are interested in.

Andrea

They will want to observe you teach! This is fairly common practice - much easier and better to observe you in your own environment with children you know! So get a good lesson organised and spruce your classroom up! Good luck xxx

aah thanks! :o yeah I know it is best to be observed with own children but I guess its something I haven't done before... hmm better not to worry but just get on with it and hope they like what they see

• 2 weeks later...

Was a bit scarey but I got the job :o I feel so relieved! good luck to others still applying! I had to do a year temp before I got my permenant job so don't be too disheartend if you don't get a permenant position in your first year.

thank you very much everyone for the congradulations! I've got a Reception class which suits me better than this year Reception/ Y1. village school and lovely classroom :o

Congratulations Rachel. I know what you mean, hated have R/1 mix, it's tricky juggling 2 different curriculums.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)