Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Registered Person

Guest toddleo

Hello guys, can you help me with a quick question.

we are a community pre-school, run by a committee of volunteer parents. My query is, who would the "registered person" be, would it be the committee chair, or the pre-school leader?

my query arose because I know you are in breech of regulation, according to Ofsted, if you do not inform ofsted of changes to the committee, and I was not sure who should be doing that, I.e Who is the registered person?? does this make sense!!

Hi toddleo!

In my dim and distant past as a pre-school leader, we were always told the Registered Person was the Chairperson, as the titular head of the Committee, but it was really a joint responsibility. Thus it was a Committee responsibility to inform SS (as it was then, Ofsted now) of changes etc. In practice, though, as they usually didn't really understand these aspects, the Leader would guide them through Regulatory requirements - any help?

Sue

Guest toddleo

Have done a bit more research myself, using the wonderful google, and I would be inclined to agree with you both, looks like, in our case, the Registered person is the Committee, and the pre school leader is the manager. Thanks for your help ladies

Guest Wolfie

You can understand really why it's sometimes hard to fill positions on committees can't you? There really is a lot of responsibility involved in being the registered person and the positions are voluntary.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)