Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Short Break...

Although we are getting married in August, we can't afford to go on our honeymoon straight away, so are going to go away for 3 days after our wedding, and then have our proper honeymoon a bit later.

I am looking for ideas on a location to go to for the 3 days. I am open to all suggestions, and look forward to hearing about lovely places that I may not have considered.

Thanks loads.

Only in the U.K? What type of holiday place?

Fancy hotel or a nature surronded small but nice hotel where you can go for some walk (I know a lovely one in Germany: Hotel Huschens). We went there last year and liked it so much that we stayed one more night :o . The price is very very good, as well as the service. There is no airconditioner, just in case, but the place is quite fresh.

My hubby and I went to Paris for a few days after our wedding. It was August and the city is not as big as you think so we walked nearly every where stopping for a coffee or glass of wine when we felt like it.

We went back with the kids a few years ago and got a really good deal on the eurostar so that helps with cost. We didn't stay in really posh accomodation because we were out sight seeing most of the time. It is a beautiful city with wonderful arcitecture and the Eiffel tower is a must the views are wonderful.

We also had a few days in Dublin when I was pregnant so wasn't up to doing so much walking but they have the best coffee houses and of course several good pubs :o Nice pace of life there but I think Paris has more to see.

Sue

My husband and I will be celebrating 25 years of marriage, later this year. We thought we should celebrate and fancied a short break to Venice. Supposed to be rather romantic!

Better than Exmouth in November for our honeymoon (though it was still fab).

when we want a short break we will often look at local airport to see where we can go for little cost ans work on it from there, have been to

Rome, lovely but can be a bit expensive,

Edinburgh , also lots to see and public transport around city was good,

Northern Ireland was lovely we hired a car and travelled aroundto b&bs

next stop is Berlin...a while off yet as we have a holiday planned fro this year.

we also like Snowdonia for weekends away, and recently went to Pembroke.

All down to costs and amount of driving in this country or travel you want to do.

Always a weekend in London, see a show, a few sights, London eye in the evening

Our problem with Paris was the cost of the train from us to Eurostar cost more than the fare to Paris!! and it took just as long

Inge

we went to Madeira for 25th it was beautiful and same temp all year round, and we went to Devon for Honeymoon too, only N coast.

Edited by Inge

Guest Wolfie

My vote's with Dublin -for the atmosphere if nothing else! You can get really cheap flights with Ryan Air from Birmingham. And we too went to Devon for our honeymoon - two weeks on a budget of £250!! Ahh, those were the days!

Deb you will love Venice Beautiful city have been a few times so different from anything else.

Shelley1 I would do Dublin haven't been there but are going this summer. You can get cheap flights from Bournemouth and its meant to be a lovely atmosphere without being a long flight away when you are only having a short break.

hope the wedding plans are going well

Steph