Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Special Last Day

I`m looking for some ideas for the children i mind. it is their last day with me on thursday as i start a new job on monday termtime only . they will be coming back to me during holidays so i want to make a scrap book maybe? with some of the things that what we have done and will do again.

you guys have some lovely ideas,so have you got any on how i can make this book fun to make but also to keep!

i`m feeling quite guilty as i know this will be an upsetting time for them. i just want them to know that i`ve not disappeared.

thanks maddy.

When children leave our nursery we have an A4 piece of paper with a teddy bear holding some balloons for each child. We write inside the balloons what they like doing at nursery, they dictate what they want us to put. This then becomes a part of their early years profile and goes through the school with them. You could adapt this idea and fill the balloons with any photos you have of the children.

they are brother and sister aged 1.5 and 3.5. i`ve had them both in my care from 9 months. i wanted somthing for them to take home with them.

i like the teddy bear idea as their parents display all their art work.

thanks maddy.

I like that idea too... we build a scrap book with the children whilst they are here, and add one picture a month, when they leave or it is full, they take it home... as well as their artwork I include photo highlights of some of the really great things.

In this case, a montage of photos of what they have done with you is a lovely idea, and then if they are coming back at half term, how about sending them a postcard halfway through the term - telling them what you are looking forward to doing together... or with a picture for them to colour.

A 3.5 year old would love to get post!

Helen

Puddleducks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)