Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

North, South, East, West

We are in the middle of planning our Art week which is after half term- the art coordinators have had the idea of bringing the world to school with each school phase focussing on an area of the world. As the foundation phase we are looking at the west (Europe/local area) and we are lost for inspiration. We hope to have something to large display that all the children have contributed to, but also individual pieces of work. Anyone recieving a flash of inspiration right about now!?!?

please let me know if you do...

Thanks

Elfy

Could you look at painters from various european countries and let the children do a painting based on a particular artist.

Constable and stubbs are the only ones I know from britain, then move through europe.

There must be loads of painting styles out there.

It sounds like an interesting project, I love painting :o

Do you mean art as in painting, or art as in creativity? Why not make a papier mache mosel of G.B. with a sea surround, lots of different textures and materials.

Peggy

Seurat: painted using tiny dots can use paint prog on computer to recreate or tools in paint

Give a template and get them to fill it in

Matisse The Snail: Uses torn pieces of tissue paper to create a snail (if you look carefully!) Give tissue paper to create own creatures

Picasso: Cut body features out of magazines and stick on paper to create own Picasso style painting.

Van Gogh: paint sunflowers or make sunflowers using junk

Arcimboldo: portraits using fruit, use fruit to make sculptures and photograph for display or keep(??) Fruit prints

Henry Moore Sculpture junk models BIG for outdoors.

Matisse's snail also has a very small snail in the top bit of paper of the shell - look really closely! Little known fact to share really. Have done the snail with my class before fabulous actvity - especially if you mage it as big as the original. (About 10ft tall in Tate Modern) Great fun!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)