Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Your Ideal 0 To 1 Room

What would your ideal 0 to 1 year old room have in it?

I am looking for ideas on resources (not too expensive, but the odd 'wish list' item is fine), things hanging from the ceiling, things on the walls, etc.

Look forward to your ideas. :o

our baby room has canopies of coloured net, lots of cushions and mats on the floor, mobiles and ribbons hanging from the ceiling, treasure baskets full of interesting objects and home made sight and sound bottles.

I agree a sensory area with coloured lights and soft music would be lovely!

Guest Wolfie

I think YOUR room sounds lovely stedeford! Provision and practice with 0-3s is an area of knowledge that I need to develop so I shall be following this thread with interest!

stedeford, your room sounds like one I worked in last year, it was so lovely and relaxed. xD

There were cots one side of the room and the hanging nets and cushions etc on the other. The babies loved looking through the net at us.

They also had fairy lights strung up just out of the babies reach and a mirror at baby crawling height along one wall.

The nursery I'm in now have got a tape of soothing music thats got a heartbeat in the background, almost too soothing for staff on sleep duty, :o but very nice.

I'd make sure I'd got lots of trays for messy play and wipable coverings so no-one can complain about the mess, cos someone always does!

CD's hung so they catch the light are nice, coloured translucent cellophane to look through or to handle, it makes a lovely crispy sound.

Boxes for crawling through. Musical instruments.

Patient staff who dont mind playing the same repetative games would be my no.1 resource. hope you've got those Shelley. :(

Our baby room sounds similar to the otherss described here,

we have six cots in our room (round the edge of the room) and attatched to the cots (at babies level) are photographs of the babies playing, these have been laminated on card and attatched with ribbon, they do get a bit of a beating but the babies love looking at them its really facinating to watch... and they are easily replacable once they start looking tatty (after too much handiling) :o

We have our mirrored builders tray in here and that seems a popular resource too.

Dawn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)