Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Focus Foundation Stage Tracker

Hi there I am new to this forum, my headteacher has insisted we use the Focus foundation stage tracker. We are currently trying to use it to create end of year reports for Nursery and Reception but we are having some problems :o

Any comments or advice would be gratefully recieved!!!

April xx

Hi , yes had I been given the option I would not have used it either!!! It is totally useless in every way...... :o

Never mind.....

April x

Guest tinkerbell

Hi April and welsome to the forum

Sorry I don't use it either!

Tinkerbellx

Hi April and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately I've never even heard of this tracker so can't help at all. I hope someone can soon.

Linda

I we have not used the tracker either in our setting, we use a pre foundation stage profile. It is smaller simplyfied and more tailored to our childrens capabilities and need we then progress onto the profile when the children are ready. Can you explain how the tracker works as i have not seen it.

dunkirk, I'm interested to hea about the pre-foundation profile tracker. Where can you get it from? What sort of level does it track?

Thanks for all your welcomes and replies!

You were right to send it back, we previously used the eprofile which although it has faults does track the childrens progress. This tracker has 18 bands per area which you enter at the beginning and end of year , there is no way of tracking children through the year and it does not follow on to reception from nursery. The report side of things is terrible, comments are robotic and do not give a full picture of the childs achievements just lists what statements are in the band they are on!!!

Those of you who sent it back are very wise.....we had no such luck!!

April x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)