Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Cat Likes To Hide In Boxes

Hi there,

Just wondering, as part of our topic about animals we are learning about looking after and caring for pets. We set up a vets last week and the children have thoroughly enjoyed it, they really got alot out of it and some fantastic speaking and listening/ vocabulary extension. I would highly reccomend!

Next week my literacy objective ( I have a Y1/YR) class in poetry; have ordered the above book and once saw some fantastic planning for this on a course!! can not find notes, just wondered if anyone has any planning ideas etc etc.

I am also going to be making labels for my vets this week but if anyone has already done them I would be greatful!!

I will attach mine asap!

cheers guys!

Lotte :o

Sparklebox has some good signs for Vets role-play. I love his stuff although I do think that it is important to involve children in making signs themselves, especially if they Are in FS2.

there are also two sets of plans for a vets role-play in the Resources Library section under planning - role-play that can be downloaded.

When we did pets and animals, we wrote labels after reading the great pet sale.

lots of 'sale' type vocab there.

children did free labels then themsleves.

Guest Wolfie

I saw a maths activity on a course once, based on this book - they had a set of nesting boxes, like the ones you can get from IKEA for example, and a selection of different sized toy stuffed animals and the children had to decide which box was the best size for each animal and put them in it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)