Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

2-3 Yrs Where Do I Start?!

i have just become room leader of a 2-3 yr old room.i have long term plans for every area from sand and water to heuristic play and do a weekly plan, for one activity to be out all week, only adding to it what the children like ie cornflour plain first day,add colour/smell the next then objects the day after depending what the children do.does anyone else do this?!

i really need to know what paperwork i NEED to have as we are expecting an ofsted visit in the next 3 months

we used to follow the elg for observations, but have recently changed areas of dev and recognised we shouldn't expect children to to that of 3= yr olds. what guidelines can we follow for observing??

any help much apprieciated

rebecca_monaghan@hotmail.com

Hi Rebecca,

Just wanted to welcome you to the site and making your first posts. Things are fairly quiet just now being the holidays but hopefully you'll get a few replies. I think lots of people have been struggling to implement the bttm in a meaningful way. I'm afraid I can't help because we don't have this in Scotland. Good luck with your new role though. :)

Hi

As Beau says the 2yr olds should be following the BTTM - no one seems to have any guidelines at the mo so i think most are just covering Personal and social for the mo. Ofsted will only really be interested in the funded childrens paperwork!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)