Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E-learning Credits

narnia

I have just read an article about e-learning credits in this months Nursery education magazine.I have never heard of these before, and as a new setting, it sounds like a wonderful opportunity to buy ict equipment for the group!Does anyone know how to access this funding, and is it available to all playgroups, nurseries etc, or only schools etc?I understand that it's a basic £1,000 per setting, plus £10 per child for software.Help!!I'd like some of this........any info gratefully received :o

Hi Narnia !

Your best bet here is to ring your LEA as they are the ones distributing the funding for this. The amount you get is based on how many children you have i.r.o 4 yr old funding and how many sessions they do. I think they are counting the amount of children eligible as those i.r.o the 4yr funding from 31.12.03 . The LEA's are using info. from the last DFES census.

It is a new thing and you apparently have to have an up to date computer and running at least windows 98.

Hope this helps a bit !

Hope all is well !!!!!

Byeeeeeeeeeee

p.s. think this message needs to moved to another topic !!! :o

oops no - the above message doesn't have to be moved does it !!! ......... I thought I was in the Birth to Three Matters topic (got it on the brain !!!!!!!!!!!) :oxD:(

byeeeeeeeeee

Hi, I got quite excited when I first heard about this too. I rang our LEA who looked into it and initally said we would get £105 (23 children over 3 in sessional care). They then rang back and said as the amounts were so small for most settings the money would be pooled and resources bought for each local forum. The forum members could then loan the items. I felt rather deflated but its better than nothing I suppose. I would like to be able to have input into what is bought too.

Hi there ..... this topic is going to get quite interesting as my LEA say that only those children who were 4 by 31.12.03 will be eligible. So they are only looking at those children who turned 4 between Sept 03 - end of Dec 03. There is nothing for those that are 3.

They also say that any setting who would receive less than £50 aren't going to get anything - but surely every little bit would help ??????

Looks like it's going to be a matter of which LEA you come under here !!!!! :oxD:(:(

Janice

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)