Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rainy Days

hi, i`m in need of some indoor activites for a varied age range(1.5 to 8). mainly to keep the boys from bouncing off the walls! we raided asda for ten cardboard boxes today but i don`t think they will last all week. ithought about a easter egg hunt tomorrow, i just need something that i haven`t done with them before!

i really hope it stops raining soon! thanks maddy

Why not cut up pictures of card into egg shapes,hide one of each in the garden/house and then give each child one half and they have to find the other.Have some mini eggs to give to each child .Great fun.

Get the older ones to blow the insides out of an egg. You make a hole at each end of end. The smaller the hole the longer it takes to do. Wash the insides out. Melt chocolate in a jug using warm water in the outer bowl or cheat and use the microwave. Make a paper funnel let them pour in the chocolate. Takes quite a bit of chocolate. You can use marg to make it go further when you melt. Decorate the eggs with paint.

Treasure Hunts,

Scavenger Hunts

Alphabet hunts - find 10 things beggining with A

A survey... challenge them to find out how many cars, buses and colours ect that go down your road, predict which will be most and sned them outside to count or from the window

Walk to the library and borrow a video/dvd

Make a board game... draw out the board... colour it.. make counters etc.

Lego/hamma beads....

Giant piece of paper... wall paper and ask them to design a map... treasure mao, road map, space...

Design a space landscape with card and papermaiche... add space men, aliens, rockets... loads of junk modelling potential!

Cooking - ask them what they want to do... and let them do it... your role to supervise the older ones!

Role play cafe.... or McDonalds... older ones the chef!! Links with above!

thanks guys for the great ideas!

i was a bit fed up with the kids restless moods,this stopped when they all started to throw up!! the tummy bug has followed us home from school!

i`m going to start a fresh tomorrow(well i`ve had to wash nearly everything!) this easter egg hunt will happen and were off to the shops for aroll of lining paper.

thanks again maddy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)