Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fsf Meet Up At Gmex, Manchester?

beth1

Not a clue as to what I will be wearing either-whatever is clean and close to hand on a Saturday morning!!! I will have my deputy, Veronica, in tow and she has white hair so we may be easy to spot!!!

See you all at 2.15 then.

Linda

am also thinking of going, but im awful at navigation LOL,

i can manage to get train to manchester picadily but after that there is no hope, anyone wish to direct me LOL.....

Dawn

am also thinking of going, but im awful at navigation LOL,

i can manage to get train to manchester picadily but after that there is no hope, anyone wish to direct me LOL.....

Dawn

Hi

Right best thing to do is catch a tram to St Peters Square from the station it costs £1.10 return and the trams are every 12 minutes. xD At St Peters Square there is a large building to your right I think it is the library. Get off here and walk down to the hotel, go down the left hand side as if your following the tram lines. Keep going until you reach the end of the building and you will see to as you go around the corner a big building this is the GMEX, there was this morning a litlle sign at the top of the steps to direct you into the hall. :( I hope this helps. :(

Now I need to make up my mind on where to park the car. I have 3 choices - park in Arndale and get the tram from Shudehill, this will cost £1.10 plus parking or get on at Bury £3.50 or Preswich/Heaton Park £3.00 with free parking if I can find it. :o:( Plus I cannot decieded which is safer. :wacko:

Beth

You can get the tram Dawn-the G-MEX is linked by the Metro system from its own station directly to both Picadilly and Victoria.

Linda

Thanks for that info Linda,

will see how the mood takes me when i wake up tommorow, am not booked on any seminars so still debating it it is worth going or not, or if i will be disapointed at all the fab things i may see (and not be able to buy due to limited nursery funds) <<<<<sigh>>>>> LOL

Beth's directions are very good Dawn, but if you get off at the G-mex station you are right at the building which may be better for you.

Linda

Sorry guys, didn't make it today :o I woke up with a really sore ankle and didn't think I could cope with getting there and walking around so had to give it a miss.

Hope you had a good time.

Sorry guys, I didn't make it either too busy doubled up in pain to do anything. :o I am ok now, I haven't a clue why I was in such pain unless I had some dodgy food yesterday? xD I hope you had fun and hope to see you next year maybe.

Beth

Also didn't make it, decided that what with the gorgeous weather i would take my little sister up to meerbrook resevoir and park, whe had a fab time :o

hope all who made it to the Gmex had a good time too

Dawn

No wonder I couldn't find anybody!!!!!!!!!!! I have to say you didn't miss much! The exhibition gets smaller and smaller each year and there was just too much computer stuff there for my liking.

The seminars were worth it though. Three of the seminars I went to were very good, experiential play, using puppets and a science and maths one-all very inspiring. The one where the speaker was talking about getting children to hang onto your every word was awful-so bad that we walked out which I would never do normally, but I just was so bored and wanted to have another look around.

Maybe next year.

Linda

She will be ok now thanks, she had a seizure and fell onto the iron grate of the fireplace, she landed on her windpipe and also cut her chin open and caught her cheekbone and eye too. her neck swelled to double its origional size and she seemed to be having discomfort when swollowing which the doctor said was caused by minor internal bleeding, the doctor didnt think she had any serious lasting damage but could not say for sure as samantha would not be xrayed or examined properly, she is home now and resting her very bruised neck and face. I saw her begin to fall but i just couldnt reach her in time, wish we could better control her seizures than we do presently, they are a worry. jojom

Gosh, what a day for people. Hope everyone that has not been well is ok now.

As for me, I've torn ligaments in my ankles, it's nearly 8 weeks since I did it and I can see improvement but I'm just not quite there yet.

I was waiting a while and could of gone home alot sooner but i did think there must ofbeen good reasons why nobody showed I just glad everyone is ok now, xD its amzing what life throws up at us nothing ever goes to plan!I do sympathize jojom its such a worry isnt it?

However It was well worth waiting til the end tho cos i did get some bargains but had to take them there and then you should of seen me on the tram!!

look forward to meeting you all next year though :o

linda did you go to the catering area?