Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parking Ticket

Rea

I took my 75 yr old father-in-law to buy a new mattress. I parked, we both looked around and decided we didnt have to pay. I got a parking ticket and so did a lady with a disabled badge. We both phoned the clamping company who were stroppy, so I put the phone down.

The lady with the badge was told there were no disabled spaces there but she was clearly parked on one. I have to admit there were signs but not where I parked.

My ticket is timed at 11.58, at 12.05 I was in the shop phoning my husband about collecting the mattress, this is after we'd walked to the back of the shop (and F-I-L walks very slowly bless him), looked at the beds, sat on them and then waited for the assistant to be free. The ticket man was obviously lying in wait to be able to so quickly give a ticket, horrid little man. xD

I've emailed them, asking for any proof they might be able to give me that they are a genuine company as the police said illegeal clamping and ticketing was a problem in the area.

I've also asked who they have the agreement with regarding signs because I dont feel they were displayed vey clearly and would like to take the matter up with them.

If I can draw this out and annoy them I will, obviously I dont want to pay £40 but I'm not refusing, just asking for more information before I do. When they answer the first email, they will receive another asking if I can pay a £ a week. :o