Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Books Would You Recommend?

Hi

Would be grateful if you could recommend good books for studying. Am currently doing the Foundation Degree but not just specifically for that.

Particularly books about the different theorists, child developement/behaviour etc.

Someone has asked this question previously but I cannot find it doing a forum search.

Thanks

Debbie

My favourites that i have used for nearly every assignment are:

How Children Learn: From Montessori to Vygotsky - Educational Theories and Approaches Made Easy

Early Years care and Education Heinemann Ian Macloud Brundell

and Child care and Education Tina Bruce

Theories of Childhood: An Introduction to Dewey, Montessori, Erickson, Piaget and Vygotsky

by Carol Garhart Mooney

Fifty Modern Thinkers on Education: From Piaget to the Present Day (Routledge Key Guides) Fifty Modern Thinkers on Education: From Piaget to the Present Day (Routledge Key Guides)

by Joy Palmer

The Foundation Stage Teacher in Action: Teaching 3,4 and 5 Year Olds (Paperback)

by Margaret Edgington

The Thinking Child: Brain-based Learning for the Foundation Stage (Early Years)

The Thinking Child: Brain-based Learning for the Foundation Stage (Early Years) by Nicola Call and Sally Featherstone

Guest Wolfie

All of the above....plus

Understanding Child Development - Jennie Lindon

Developing Early Years Practice - Miller, Cable and Devereux

Advanced Early Years Care and Education - edited by MacLeod-Brudenell

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)