Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Secondary Qts Needs Eyfs Training

Can you help

I have a couple of teachers who wish to update their training as they are not primary / Foundation stage trained. Does anyone know of a training route other than EYP?

Hope you can help me , help them

LGM

I think the best way to do this is via a CPD route, see what the local colleges or universities are offering in early years. Then it would be a case of getting a break, possibly through ding supply work and getting known to schools, or to volunteering in a local primary. Teachers do make the transition, although it is widely acknowledge that is much harder to move from secondary to primary than the other way. I trained fro early years yet my first job was teaching O level maths in a secondary!

One other possibility is that some LAs do returner courses and these may also be suitable for someone who isnt exactly returning but is interested in another age group.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)