Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pre-school Learning Alliance Play Series

Guest Wolfie

Guest Wolfie

A few years ago I had a really good set of books published by the PLA - each one was about a different play activity, e.g. sand, water, clay and dough, and the book covered eveything to do with that activity and had great little diagrams and illustrations of the learning opportunities created by providing that activity.

Unfortunately I lent them to someone and they were never returned...and now I really want them!! I've looked for them on the website but they don't seem to do them anymore. Does anyone know where I can get hold of them or has anyone got them and could give me more details to search with, e.g. ISBN numbers?

Amazon do used books and even if they dont have the books you may find the details such as the isbn number?I have found a few old books details this way, maybe if you do a search you may be lucky?

Hi Wolfie, I've got my own set here at home. I can email you the ISBN numbers if you like?

Actually there seems to be 2 series:

Learn through play series

Play Activities series

I think the latter must be the ones you mean - covers 'sand and water','paint and print', 'clay and dough' etc.

Edited by Guest

Guest Wolfie

Hi Suzanne - that would be great if you could please - yes, it's the Play Activities series that I'm after. I'm so annoyed that I let them go, I really could do with them at the moment!!! :)

Guest Wolfie

I'm all sorted now, thanks to Suzanne! The forum has come up trumps again! :)

Just to let you know, the PLA said they are bringing out a new set of similar books in the autumn, linking play activities to the EYFS, so that might be worth looking out for later in the year.

Edited by Wolfie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)