Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Photo Cd

Have spent the last three weeks trying to put together a CD of photos with background music. I know some of you have done this, and I'm beginning to tear my hair out. In the past I have just made a slideshow of photos on CDs, but this year, inspired by a trainee teacher (who has sadly gone back to university now!!) we have put together an altogether more impressive display - however, have now used 15 CDs/DVDs and still haven't got one that plays the music and photos on a DVD player, which has been possible before for the photos.

Can anyone tell me how they do it. What program you use. Or give any hints. We have put the photos onto slideshow on Windows Movie Maker and have added the music. I've also tried to do a powerpoint presentation, but the music just comes on with the title page, and the photos don't come on :o

Any help/advice would be gratefully received.

Harricroft

I have done something similar on power point and tomorrow when I go into work I'll check what settings I used. What do you mean when you say the music just comes on with the title page?

Hi Mookie. I've opened powerpoint and inserted photos, which you can see on the different slides down the side of the page. Started with title page, giving name of child, and inserted music, but when I click on view slide show, all you get is the title page and music playing - the different photos just don't follow on. I've not even attempted to copy this one to CD as it seemed futile. (I've never used power point before so I may be missing something really obvious!!)

Thanks , Harricroft

If Ive got you correct Harricroft, you have the music but its the rolling photo you want? Have you tried going to slide show, then slide transition, and unchecking the box that says 'on mouse click' which I thin is the default, and instead inserting a number in the box that says 'automatically after..' You can set it to roll then after 5, 10 seconds or whatever. You will need to apply this setting to all slides.

Mundia, is this using power point or Windows Movie maker?

I have got a slideshow CD of photos which does turn on, by highlighting the photos and copying to CD, but can't add music or any of the funky effects that I could get on Movie Maker.

I just seem to be going round in circles at the moment - or rather one step forward, three steps back.

Harricroft

This is in PPT. Im not familiar with movie maker, my skills dont extend that far, but if you are using ppt, you can import the photos one per slide (I think you can do this directly from your camera), then add the music. Im around a bit today so if you want to email me what you've done, I can take a look if you like?