Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Report Writing

Yes Steve - Thanks for asking -I did go ahead with it -not heard anything back yet but the closing date was only Friday ,not giving up till round about Thursday :o

Hi i'm new to this and i'm so pleased to find people discussing the profile!

We are using it as a report at my school but will be sending a letter of explanantion to parents.

Does anyone else feel that so many of the boxes especially PHSE are not yes or no answers. I feel so many of my children may be beginning to understand other cultures and views but are certainly not fully understanding.

Sue

Hi Sue -

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for posting :D .

This is always a problem, isn't it, when you try to turn a complicated thing like a human being into a series of tickboxes? I know that whether I can or can't do something often depends on how long it is since I had a decent cup of tea, so how I'd measure up to being assessed and graded via a yes/no checklist would vary wildly from hour to hour...

But I don't have much to do with the profiles yet, so I can't really respond knowledgeably.

What do other people think? I know it's gone quite quiet in the forum the last couple of weeks, and I've been told it's largely because you're all up to your ears in profiles and reports... :o

I do agree that children may be working towards rather than acheived these points. We have used the comments boxes to say can do such and such (That relates) so that anyone reading it can see that the child is on the way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)