Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hooray Its The Easter Hols!

nicki-k

Have just come home from our weekly planning meeting which we had at our local village pub as its the last week of term. We have our Easter coffee morning tomorrow then we're off for two weeks. :D

All that time to look up new ideas on the forum and eat chocolate........bliss!!

I've just got home from playgroup and i'm looking forward to having a lay in!! We have had a wonderful term but the break will do us good. Silly things upset me such as parents bickering at each other then asking me to seperate their children during the session. Hopefully they will sort themselves out before we get back to it!

Two children move on to school, this being their last session with us, i will miss them loads not sure who it was worse for today the mums cried, the leavers got upset and we all felt quite sad, but it is the start of a new journey with lots of fun to come. It is rewarding in a strange way that the parents feel so emotional about their child, the playgroup and the future. SMILE it's chocolate time!!

Guest MaryEMac

We broke up today after a hectic week. At the end of term service we said good-bye to our vicar who is moving on after 9 years.He has been brilliant with the children and he has also donated his daughter's wooden playhouse to the playgroup because they have grown out of it.

As the children went home today one of our younger ones came up to me and gave me a bag containing 5 chocolate bunnies, 1 for each of the staff and 1 for our student. Wasn't that nice? :D

Mary

Ohh what, where oh yes it the easter hols. :( Silly me I have been soo busy that its sneaked up on me. :( The only thing is I am work 1 1/2 days per week over the easter hols. :o Plus I seem to becoming down with a cold/whessiness(sp) just in time for the hols. xD Have fun for all thoses who get a nice 2 week break. :D

Beth

It is the holidays YIPEE

Today we did a whole school easter bonnet parade including staff and parents - although there were fewer as you moved towards year 6

then in Foundation we rolled the morning childrens eggs then we had dinner then we had another easter bonnet parade for the afternoon children then we all went out to roll eggs down the hill. The worms came out to join us and we managed not to tread on too many!

Back inside for birthday celebrations then time to say goodbye PHEW!

Now I'm waiting to be picked up at 2.00am to fly to Portugal. Can't wait to lie down a bit.

Take care all

See you soon

Jo

well ive just come in from a night on the town hic hic xD with my deputy, what a lovely start to our Easter hols...

well once ive caught up on paper work, FD assignments, washing, house work etc etc etc :o

Jo

We don't finish till Thursday :o and then only get one week and a day. Still we do get two weeks at the next half term, so I'm looking forward to some sunshine then.

Have a great holiday everyone.

Harricroft

Two of my children have finished for two weeks, so have I, but we still have to get up to take the other three children who don't finish until Thursday, why can't two counties plan the holiday's together???

Anyway, like others I have FD assignments due in, :oxD housework to catch up on, children to look after, the list goes on,

still it's a welcome break, oh and new shoes shopping with all the children, I need to take out a mortgage to pay for them!

Happy Holidays everyone.

Hali, you must be nearing the end of your FD is the second year lots different to the first? Will you top-up to a third year or EYPS??

Oh well done Hali, you are my inspiration as since I joined the forum I have followed you thinking about doing the FD, and now nearly completing it!

Thanks for the info and encouragement and can't wait to celebrate when you graduate!! More red wine, not that I sneaked a glass last night! :o