Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Play

hello,

I am working towards gaining evidence for funding for our outdoor play area and was wondering if anyone has good links for outdoor play equpiment or supplies.

thanks for your help

Hi

We are planning for a re vamp of the outdoor play I have joined Learning through landscapes they have some good resources, also by searching on google I have found lots of sites.

I got lots of number lines etc from www.sparklebox.co.uk and put them in the garden also tonight I was looking at www.home-front.co.uk i have a lovely site I dont have it at home with me so will try and remember and post it to you from work tomorrow

Sharon

Hi Dizzy Daisy

Where abouts are you in the country? We have just had our playground and garden area done and it may be the company we had might be able to help you. It's South Yorkshire based.

Anne (Zambonie)

Lucky you if you can have permanent outdoor play equipment! We struggle because our setting is in a church hall. We have a nice outdoor space but we can't put anything permanent there because it is a church and also we have a problem with vandalism. Therefore, anything we use has to be transportable and storable (an ongoing challenge with limited storage). We have invested in fencing so that we can have free-flow play but the panels are kicked off on almost a nightly basis. If anyone has a similar problem that they have managed to overcome in an exciting, creative way do let us know!

Hi LJW - I am in a church hall as well, with a lovely grasssy area outside as well as a carpark area that doesn't have cars in it very often. I bought some orange barrier fencing that goes along the edge of the grass where it joins the hard area. The other end that needs fencing off is on the hardstanding, so we cannot bang stakes into the ground - this is a real problem. Same as you - vandalism if anything is left out so the church are unwilling for anything permanent to be put up. What sort of fencing do you use?

Sue J

Thanks Marion I have just sent off for a brochure from creativeplayuk - I would like some permanent fencing, if I can get a proper quote from a reputable company, perhaps the church might change their minds. :)

Sue J

Sue J! We used to use builders orange fencing a long time ago but in negotiation with the church a picket (?) fence was altered to add uprights along the entire church boundary, facing the road. Nursery had to fund the full amount, not just the bit they used (this was before my time but I think that is right.) The idea was to make it look all the same which is fair enough. We have a modern church so picket fence is not unsightly. Our original play area was a little distance from the nursery door and only accessed during summer months, and by all the group at a set time. We realised last year that by erecting 2 small lengths of fencing & some gates that we could have freeflow access directly outside and by so doing would improve the security of the building. That swung the C of E de minimis permission with the Arch Deacon! It cost £500 and we got a grant. It is fairly standard picket type fence with 2 sets of double gates. It is vandalised at least twice a week at the moment but hopefully, when the weather gets warmer the perpetrators will find something more exciting to do elsewhere!! Thankfully, because the uprights are only nailed on, not screwed, the timber hasn't broken and we simply hammer it back on! The vandals haven't thought of hiding or losing the timber yet.................. so it takes 5 minutes to mend! I am definitely being taught a lesson in grace and patience!

My husband works for a fencing company they do alot for schools. If you are interested I'll let you know the contact number

He generally works in an area from the north east through the midlands over to Northampton down towards Bristol but does go further afield. He works for a company called Phencing systems, his mobile is 07930405434, his name is David Holt. Just spoken to him and he says give him a call and he will try to help and /or advise you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)