Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Primary Frameworks For Literacy And Numeracy

Just trying to use the primary frameworks for literacy and numeracy.

Was wondering if anybody else is using them yet and could advise as to how they fit them in and the time they spend on each unit etc. Any advice would be fantastic.

Our literacy and numeracy co-ordinator downloaded Summer term planning for Y1-Y6 and said they looked quite good and had hints and things in. When I looked hopefully for mine ... they said they couldn't understand it, it was far too complicated!!!!!!!!!! and they didn't know where to start ... that fills me with inspiration :o

We have had training as a school. It wasnt much use to be honest as everything, as usual was this bit doesn't apply to foundation

Yes, I think if you look at the planning examples you will find it is not necessarily linked to specific terms but is organised in sections according to specific learning intentions. For each one a range of ideas is provided for possible contexts, examples of adult-led activities, opps for children to explore and apply and assessment opps.

I suggest you take a peek and then cherry pick the bits you like and keep doing what already works for you and your class. The FSC is the statutory document.

On a more postitive note, the new frameworks acknowledge the beneifts of more child intitated learning in KS1 which will be a refreshing change!! xD

On a more postitive note, the new frameworks acknowledge the beneifts of more child intitated learning in KS1 which will be a refreshing change!! :(

opps sent that twice!! :o

I think you will need to have an overview of the primary framework, and the reception outcomes in the ELGs are clearly shown now as a starting point for the PNS. This will help Y1 teachers to see what areas children have attained and where the progession into the NC is in a much clearer way. The EYFS however fleshes out the expectations for teaching and learning in the 0 -5 age range and as said already will be statutory. You won't be able to track progression/plan etc using the PNS framework in the early years. However there are lots of very useful CLL documents relating to early reading on the coordinators CD rom/in the coordinators handbook.

CX

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)