Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Journey's Role-play

ral77

I am covering the topic 'journey's' next half term. Last time I did this topic I set up a travel agents roleplay. I would like to try and do something different this year. Has anyone got any tried and tested ideas for a role-play area based on Journey's? :o

we turned our roleplay into a plane. The children loved it. we made plane tickets used small suitcases, pilot uniform etc.

We have had role play areoplane, train, rocket,etc and they have worked well or what about motorway services..there are some signs in the resources section I once made for outdoor play which might be useful to you

Guest Wolfie

We took our children on a day trip to RAF Cosford last year and they had an airport role play set up there which was great! They had a bit where you packed your suitcase with appropriate clothing for where you were travelling to, a luggage weigh in desk, a desk where you had your passport stamped, a desk where you had a look on the globe and decided where you wanted to go and wrote your ticket out, etc.etc. The children loved it!

Another imaginative activity that we have done on the theme of journeys is an indoor picnic journey - first we go on a bus (chairs organised in pairs with a driver at the front), then go across stepping stones across a river (blue material on the floor), then through a cave(plastic tunnel) until we finally find somewhere for our picnic. A bit of a variation onthe Bear Hunt story.

Guest nickyw

How about a role-play area outside as a camp site with tents, sleeping bags, ruck sacks, maps, cameras etc so the children can journey around your outside area, suppose you could adapt it to inside as well

N

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)