Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Jolly Phonics For Iwb

Does anyone know if there are any proprietary (or other) products/software to support Jolly Phonics on an Interactive Whiteboard?

Many thanks in advance. :)

Animated Alphabet is lots of fun Kermit We have a number of other Phonic programs we use on the IWB Fast phonics First and Big Cat phonics are both good too but the Easiteach is the only one I've seen advertised that is Jolly Phonics does it have to be JP?

I made some letter formation pages on power point using Sassoon tracker which the children enjoyed is that the type of thing you want Doug?

Thanks for replies, everyone. Yes, Marion, it is specifically JP I'm after, but thanks for your offer.

I'll taker a closer look at tyhe Easiteach stuff.

Anyone used the Easiteach JP stuff? Verdict?

Um... no sorry haven't used Easi teach either... but I still stand by Boardworks All Day To Play - Foundations in Literacy being the best program I have seen in ages for teaching phonics and pretty much anything else literacy based... it's totally fab, we've got they're 'numeracy' and 'world' packages too which are equally as good!

what kind of JP thing are you after for the IWB. I've done a couple of power points one for intial phonemes (think I posted somewhere on here) and one specifically relating to the long vowel actions. I scanned in the JP action card and then took a photo of myself doing the action then added clip art and animation to illustrate the sound.

Apple, that sounds great. That is exactly the sort of thing I would/could do.

I am on secondment as an LA ICT consultant and a school has asked what there is out there on the market, so, although I am grateful for all the offers of help, it is more a 'product' that is the sort of thing I'm after.

You lot are brill by the way. :)

We videoed ourselves doing all the sounds and actions as well as the letter formation for our parents as most of them don't read English themselves. Could you do this Dugh, the children think its very funny seeing their teachers on the IWB.

We videoed ourselves doing all the sounds and actions as well as the letter formation for our parents as most of them don't read English themselves. Could you do this Dugh, the children think its very funny seeing their teachers on the IWB.

Great idea, Mundia. Shouldn't be too difficult. Thanks for that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)