Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cut The Paperwork!

For the past four months I've been working on a program to assess, track and show progression in the new phases of phonics and sound aquisition (initial sounds, clusters, long vowels etc), it compares boys against girls, classes against each other... offers groupings of children for various focuses, highlights to gaps for you to focus your children etc etc. As I show people at school, they keep saying "wow! that's brill, but can you just make it do this and that!" :o

which is good, as it means I'm tailoring to exactly what's needed in schools! Oh, and it tracks from entry to Reception through to Year 3 too... as most trackers don't seem too and I think the Y2/Y3 changeover is vital and many children seem to get lost there!

Anyhow, it has taken a lot of my own time (not schools) and so I'm hoping to market it as shareware (possibly)... it's not quite ready yet... I'm still making last minute changes and adjustments, but should be ready soon after Easter.

anyhow, to get to the point, I was wondering how much of an interest people would show in it? how useful would something like this prove to you? I know the management in my school have found it's already proving critical in tracking and proving progress (something we can't unfortunately escape from xD )

anyhow, if anyone's interested could you let me know... you can email me an paulparkie@gmail.com and I can send you some screenshots. I would like some input as to what you might like adding if I haven't already mentioned it.

thanks in advance... look forward to hearing from you ~ Porl :(

erm no not really... it's designed to track the aquistion of individual sounds, blends and clusters enabling you to focus your teaching on precislely what your children struggle with.... and it also tracks the phases of phonics.

As far as I'm aware the FS tracker from Focus is used as a tool to assess holistic development in Nursery and feed into the FSP, whereas mine is more specific in terms of phonics and sound aquisition in reading and writing.

Mm :o .. does that make sense?

I'll be getting some screen shots together this weekend so if I have your email address I'll be in touch early next week. I also have a meeting with LEA to discuss ways of marketing it and how/if it can be made any more informative first. xD

bye for now ~ Porl

Sounds like exactly the kind of thing we're looking for in our school. We have a new, but combersome, set of phonic assessment sheets to complete at the end of each academic year to pass on to the next teacher, b ut something which gives us an ongoing picture would be very useful in Foundation/KS1.

Hi paul,

I would be interested.

Do you have an example that I can show the head- how much will it cost?

carolineglasper@hotmail.com

Hi,

If people are interested in Paul's idea then could you please either email or pm him directly, rather than leaving email addresses here. Unfortunately spammers search online forums such as this one for email addresses xD , so it really isn't a good idea to post them in such a public place. Unless of course you would like your inbox to be filled up with spam emails! :o Those of you who have posted your email address may want to edit your posts to take them out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)